• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why change everything?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Why do you "creators" feel a need to completely change the layout of toolbars, etc. in a program?! Do you have nothing to do so you just search out what you can do to aggravate us? Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts! WHY???

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

@reginal79098089 wrote on 22 June:

Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts!

Hi Reginal,

I have yet to hear from someone who likes the "new experience" in Acrobat, but it is easy to turn off!

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Was this even tested before it was released to the public?

By @Jerome DCProud Lewis

Adobe has pre-release testers for all the Creative Suite programs and Acrobat. Occassionally I see Adobe announce for people to join the testing program.

Many of us community experts here in the forums are testers for Adobe, and many of us have been doing this since the 1980s and 1990s. 

I can't recall much positive feedback from the testers before the "modern" Acrobat was released to the public. I know m

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 287 Replies 287
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those saying just return to the classic view kind of ignore the fact that to even do that 1) you would not normally expect an option to reverse a new UI, 2) you would have to hunt to find the button to do it, or 3) you would have to search online for a solution.  That is not intuitive.  And the new format UI starts with shifting everything from where you expect it to be intuitively.  Adobe saying "we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version" rings hollow if users are struggling to even find those functionalities in the first place because the new interface moved them all over the place and hid them behind unlabeled icons.  Stated simply, there's a reason so many people are angry about this change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your post is in a thread where the solution has been explained numerous times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many people are not angry about the change. But yes, change also implies that some people who do not want to change their habits, are getting upset. But at the end of the day, Adobe did streamline the intereface. This is a slow rollout, as Adobe did spread enabling the new interface over several months. And as the new interface is disrupting productivity for some, Adobe has bult in a possibility to revert to the old interface. I did that twice only for the half year that I'm now on the new interface. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically the user reaction to inline software changes is for people to adjust and go about their day. The fact that so many people were angry enough about this change to not ignore the issue, look up where the Adobe forums are, make an account, find the appropriate topic, and then leave feedback or post questions shows how bad this change is. The new UI/UX was bad enough to motivate people who are normally not inclined to participate in online forums to do all of the aforementioned and take time out of their busy day to post. This wasn't streamlining an interface, it was a demolition of the current user experience and a transition to a poorly made mobile interface which derailed current producitvity workflows and prevented many users from doing any work because it kept locking up or crashing. That is simply poor user experience and project management.

The part that everyone who says "just use the old interface" misses is that companies do not maintain two seperate user interfaces for an extended time period. Normally the revert interface option is a stop gap measure to temporarily remove user hostility allowing project managers to show positive reception to management until they force you to use the new interface. Eventually they will remove the option to revert to the older usable UI leaving long time users looking for a replacement for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old UI stays until the new one is stable and provides all the functionality of the old one. It is clear that the old interface will not recieve new elements and will not be further developed.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not agree more. i use 2 different CAD software packages and 4 different programming enviroments all with user interfaces that are different. i do not need to learn a new enviroment for Adobe reader. i just view datasheets i have no need for anything else. STOP STOP changing the interface, it is not appreciated! Bored programmers are becoming a major problem. if it arn't broke don't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see some others got as upset as myself. Thanks for the option to revert to the old interface! I couldn't find anything in the new one, which is very unproductive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Augusztina33718433g078 

effective understatement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see some others got as upset as myself. Thanks for the option to revert to the old interface! I couldn't find anything in the new one, which is very unproductive. 

You're welcome, @Augusztina33718433g078 .

I think that the reason many users got so upset is that the New Experience was sprung on them suddenly and without warning and they couldn't find things or get their work done. Some who have moved over after the initial shock are reporting that they like it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, prolly a simple upvote was best here !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@~ Gil 

that's one of the scenarios anticipated by adobe justifying users to keep older versions (and also reinstall previous versions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I respectfully suggest that when you do a major change like this you offer a beta version first to see if people like it. I have to tell you I HATE this new tool bar version, There was no need to change it. IT's made everything more difficult to work with now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New version is intolerable.

• Persistent floating mini-toolbar that you absolutely cannot dock on the right side (even though most of the right side is completely empty) to get it out of your way.
  • Controls that used to be next to each other are now at opposite corners of the UI (because reasons). The extra time wasted on suprefluous mouse movement alone is ridiculous. (WHO designed this layout?)
  • Oh, and the best new "feature" of all: the app lags horribly trying to read files and hangs itself to death on files that previously opened and read with ease (and THAT new quality feature persists even if you turn the "new experience" off). My ability to work with PDFs for my job has taken a complete nosedive.

This is the opposite of improvement. It's pure regression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mikem30577428 

restore the "old" acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad Would love to, trying to figure out how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, sorrry.  

some people just like to move posts without thinking.  for

win: click the interface upper left lines (hamburger menu > disable new acrobat

mac: click view > disable new acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I know how to do that. Does not fix the lag issue at all. Files that previously read no problem now lag the program to death (and I have 64G of RAM).

I meant how to just revert to the previous version of Arobat itself. That actually functioned. This is a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, again.  sheesh bad start to the morning for me.

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesigntools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links**.

---------------------------------------------------------------
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

** this support is currently not available. ie, there's a significant gap (between 2019 and last year) in the available previous versions.

opposition to this decision (to limit available previous versions) has been conveyed to adobe officials who are therefore aware of the problems caused by this policy. however, unless/until changes are made, nothing can be done to legally access these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The significant performance problem in the new version is related to the terrible implementation of what Adobe calls "Security (Enhanced)". You need to disable the entire mess.

Go to Menu /Preferences. Click on "Security (Enhanced)" in the left column. Uncheck everything except "Protected View (off)".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad Thank you for the follow-up! This is a work computer so I have to work with IT on the particulars of manually downloading and installing an older version (I notice the CC app has older versions of Acro disabled).

@dswallow Thank you so much! Actually found this workaround after my previous comment (had to search *outside* of Adobe forums for it because their mods seem obsessed with hiding answers like this on their pages). This did fix the problem (at least enough so I can read the PDFs I need). In a serious time crunsh at present so this really helped me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteI meant how to just revert to the previous version of Arobat itself. That actually functioned.
By @mikem30577428

You might also try the downloads from Adobe here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html

or try resetting your preferences first to see if that resolves the lagging. What is the exact number of the version you have?

Your post is not about the New Experience and needs to be branched to its own thread.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. People answering by saying “just use the old interface” do not understand that when you do that, the program does not work well. Even small files have issues.
Adobe needs to address the many complaints we are sharing. Does anyone there even read this thread? I doubt it.

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@merrittmck 

the forums have lots of problems.  not the least is the tendency of some administrators (especially on the photoshop and lightroom forums) to amass all similar topic posts into one massive thread. 

this acrobat thread is one of them, and it quickly became large and unwieldy like all the agglomeration threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines