• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why change everything?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Why do you "creators" feel a need to completely change the layout of toolbars, etc. in a program?! Do you have nothing to do so you just search out what you can do to aggravate us? Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts! WHY???

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

@reginal79098089 wrote on 22 June:

Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts!

Hi Reginal,

I have yet to hear from someone who likes the "new experience" in Acrobat, but it is easy to turn off!

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Was this even tested before it was released to the public?

By @Jerome DCProud Lewis

Adobe has pre-release testers for all the Creative Suite programs and Acrobat. Occassionally I see Adobe announce for people to join the testing program.

Many of us community experts here in the forums are testers for Adobe, and many of us have been doing this since the 1980s and 1990s. 

I can't recall much positive feedback from the testers before the "modern" Acrobat was released to the public. I know m

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 283 Replies 283
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so thankful you asked the correct question or I finally searched the right topic.  I've been going nuts trying to figure out why I could not print a pdf Portfolio and where did my toolbars go, why the menu bar items start showing up on the right when it's always been on the left.  Not cool!  I'm so thankful for the person to provided a solution to the nightmare.  Thank you @reginal79098089 and @jane-e 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome @Gwen31584783596p !

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell the Acrobat engineers and marketing department to ditch this new "Modern" Acrobat interface. It doesn't work.

VOTE HERE: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am feeling inches away from not abiding by the guidelines, as I am livid having WASTED, nearly an hour trying to figure out where the tools I have used regularly in Adobe Acrobat Pro on my Macbook Pro, customized set up -- where have they gone and why I cannot seem to re-set as before?  Why would Adobe Acrobat team do such a maddening thing???!!!  I still have to spend time to figure out how to get the tools I used accessible to me!!  I try to get the tools I want but it will not allow me to, as it indicates that the tools I need to do MY JOB are somewhere in the program ---grayed out!! Not based on what Acrobat thinks I may want. UGH!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agrre. the new lay out is horrendous. leave things alone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@noggin nocker 

restore to the traditional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember to vote and comment in UserVoice because Adobe's engineers don't hang out in this user forum. Tell them why you don't like it, too.

VOTE HERE: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the classic GUI interface by following the instructions here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-2023-how-to-revert-to-classic-gui-user-in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed]  This is the worst new version I have seen since the latest version of Excel, where now you can't anything anywhere to do anything helpful.  Every version for every basic software has turned into complete garbage. I can't for the life of me figure out why people need to keep changing a good app to the point where it is unrecognizable and unusuable.  Congratulations on a complete waste of money, time, and space.  Someone needs to be fired big time for (removed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ccdrknrgy 

you could restore the interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad you were able to get the new version removed, were still dealing with the new version! we click the disable new version and restart and its back to the new version! any body have another answer? were willing to try anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ernest31984008ewnm, you might want to post this little bug at UserVoice. This is a user-to-user forum that doesn't get much attention from Adobe, but UserVoice is where they record complaints, bugs, and wishlists. And don't forget to vote there. The more votes, the greater the likelihood the comments will get someone's attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These updates are absolutely apalling. Nothing improves. Everything gets slower and slower, and once you figure out where some options has moved, they move it again. I'd fire most everyone responsioble for constantly revising the UI and hire some folks who are capable of understanding how to optimize and improve performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'old' interface could use some 'freshen up', but leave things in place. A bit more 'modern look' is fine, but on the UI as we all know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something just updated my Adobe to a completely differentt menu.  I hate it.  With other interface problems, it may be on the way out.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something just updated my Adobe to a completely differentt menu.  I hate it.  With other interface problems, it may be on the way out.  

By @Michael319175791mm4

Did you read the thead for the solution? If you mean Acrobat (Adobe is a company), do this:

• To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu (lines) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go to View menu > Disable new Acrobat.

Everybody hates it. You are not alone!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StewartMD_0-1693596437703.png

no hamburger to click. now what?  version noted above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StewartMD 

that looks like the old interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I'm really screwed then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StewartMD 

what problem are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one line of tools so I can never find what I'm looking for. 1:1 doesn't zoom out to one page. Can't find zoom function to fix that.
Scan with a scanner then save and it crashes without saving. Had to find the scan button then takes multi clicks to start scan. Hate the GUIs on the right, used to be buttons, why do I need a document tab and tool tab and whatever the third one is? Where is the text box tool?  That's a start. Was using acrobat X before. Bought new laptop and had to buy new acrobat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so agree - basically [removed] staff with time on their hands - No thanks ----

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. At least we can change it back. Note to programmers: you may like change (ie, your bosses may like change..and their bosses order the changes), but most end users do not. (nor to they ever get a vote) I don't have time or the patience to find missing things or figure out how to do something bec of the changes. Please leave the working environment as it is and work on fixing the out of memory errors & crashes instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new experience is horrible. I can't do anything. I had to flail around to turn it off. Awful. Awful. Awful. 

Just stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines