• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Distiller open every time I print a document in Sonoma

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed OS Sonoma on my Imac earlier this week, and, aside from the annoying CapsLock Indicator that I had to disable, everything seems to be working fine, except that whenever I print a pdf, and I print a lot of pdfs in my job, Distiller opens up first.  The documents print, but I've never seen this happen before.  Is this just the new normal, or is there a setting I can change to prevent it?

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat , PDF , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mikep47474661 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.06.20380 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

A small video recording of the steps you are doing to print the PDF would be very helpful for more clarity.

Also, go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 23.006.20380.  I'm having trouble making a video, but I'm just opening the files in Acrobat, clicking print and sending them to the printers (it doesn't matter which of the 2 we have) and Distiller pops up.  It's not a problem, it's just I want to make sure there ISN'T a problem that I'm not seeing, that might be an issue later.  Telling it to print as an image did cause a test file to print without Distiller opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please try to turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Preferences (Ctrl,Cmd+K) > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup' and turn off the 'Protected mode' > Click Ok and reboot the computer once.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

Are you printing the PDF from the application (Ctrl+P) or right click on the PDF and print? If possible please share the screen recording of your steps for more clarity.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to "Enhanced Security, and I didn't see "Enable Protected mode at startup."  I tried unchecking "Enable Enhanced Security," and rebooted, but it didn't make a difference. The attached video shows how i print documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works.

Also make sure you have the application updated to the new version 23.08.2042X from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything and there's no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. It only happens in acrobat and only with one of our printers. It is new since upgrading to Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the print logs as described below for further investigation

1. Place the plist file com.adobe.Acrobat.FeatureState.plist at location /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/Trunk/Preferences

2. Execute the print workflow 

3. Logs will be generated at  a location similar to  /var/folders/t9/93cz_sz9075d4nl5hqrlc6n00000gn/T. 

4. The temp folder where the logs are generated is different for different users which is common only upto  /var/folders. 

5. To get the exact path of the file use the following command on terminal “ sudo find / -name AcrobatPrintLogs.txt “ 

6. once you get the complete path eg like /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt 

7. just add cat as follows cat /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt 

8. One can see AcrobatPrintLogs

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you on Mac or Windows OS?

Please share the above requested print logs so we can get this issue isolated for the fix.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on macOS 14.3

I'm stuck on your instructions.

1)  A bit different pathname
I placed plist file @

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/DC/Preferences

2) I am unsure how to Execute the print workflow\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Once you place the plist file in the preference folder, please open the Acrobat application and execute the print workflow and follow the steps as outlined to collect the logs.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I adjusted the security settings and rebooted. No change has occurred. Destiller is still started after the print command. I have also reinstalled the printer driver.

Acrobat 23.8.20555.0

Mac OS 14.2.1 (23C71)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the print logs as described below for further investigation

1. Place the plist file com.adobe.Acrobat.FeatureState.plist at location /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/Trunk/Preferences

2. Execute the print workflow 

3. Logs will be generated at  a location similar to  /var/folders/t9/93cz_sz9075d4nl5hqrlc6n00000gn/T. 

4. The temp folder where the logs are generated is different for different users which is common only upto  /var/folders. 

5. To get the exact path of the file use the following command on terminal “ sudo find / -name AcrobatPrintLogs.txt “ 

6. once you get the complete path eg like /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt 

7. just add cat as follows cat /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt 

8. One can see AcrobatPrintLogs

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

1- File com.adobe.Acrobat.FeatureState.plist is not available (see screenshot: I do not have an Banyan App …?) and no such folder "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/Trunk/Preferences" so far. Create one? See screenshot

5. Even as sudo: Operation not permitted

So actually no chance to get what you want …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I cannot download the plist file and I don;t have that folder. Can Amal reply to this with further instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck for me. I tried doing the print logs but was unsuccessful at creating those to submit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious did you try uninstalling Acrobat and reinstalling it? I haven't tried that yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reinstalled Acrobat. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Sonoma 14.3.1 - Acrobat Pro 2023.008.2055.

Every time I try to print out of Acrobat Pro it launches Distiller and slows the process down. First a warning comes up. See attached. Then rainbow ball spins, then it prints but much slower than usual. Please help. Thank you

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 5.39.21 PM.png

[merged with different post of the same theme]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that any check-box that says something like "Print to File" or "Print to PostScript File" is un-ticked, in the Print dialog as well as all the printer properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing anything in the print dialogue. Does not hapen when I print out of Illustrator just Acrobat.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 6.28.00 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 6.38.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of memory: Print to file is in the Advanced screen. Printing much slower may be a print as image option also in the Advanced screen. That option is sticky (means once set, it stays, even when closing Acrobat) ond it slows down the printing process considerably. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines