• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Won't open PDF - Requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher but I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021.001.20145

Don't understand why it won't open as this should be the latest version. My work computer also has Acrobat Pro and it opened the same file no problem.

I'm not sure if this would help but my laptop is an Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Notebook - 15.6" FHD 144Hz, Intel Core i7-9750H - RTX 2060, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD - Windows 10, AN515-54-70KK (NH.Q96AA.001)

Screenshot 2021-04-30 100945.png

(Side note: All of these Government of Canada fillable PDFs are so annoying! Why do they make it so inaccessible!)

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

You've saved the wrong thing. Look at the title of the file, it was saved from an aspx web page.

This probably happened because you opened the file in your browser and then tried to save it.

Instead, you should save the link directly and then open it Acrobat and it should work fine.

This happens with a specific kind of PDF form created in LiveCycle Designer. It's not a very common format, except for governmental organizations who use it quite a lot, unfortunately...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've saved the wrong thing. Look at the title of the file, it was saved from an aspx web page.

This probably happened because you opened the file in your browser and then tried to save it.

Instead, you should save the link directly and then open it Acrobat and it should work fine.

This happens with a specific kind of PDF form created in LiveCycle Designer. It's not a very common format, except for governmental organizations who use it quite a lot, unfortunately...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kinda makes sense except for why my work Acrobat can open the exact same file from the exact same source (email from a coworker) but my personal laptop can't... would you know?

Either way, thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how do you open it from your email? Step by step, click by click?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is wrong. I have downloaded a pdf form from GoC website and it only opens with Adobe Reader 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines