• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Won't Redact in Black only Transparent

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of nowhere Acrobat Pro DC just stopped allowing me to turn off the transparency option in the redaction properties.  Having gone through 2 chat assistants, one of which was playing with my root files I'm getting nowhere and apparently can't do any redactions unless I'm ok with it being transparent.

This has been going on for about a week now.  I tested on a different Mac, both High Sierra OS, and it has the same problem so I'm guessing there was an issue in a recent update?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Yes, that's probably the reason for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no transparency setting in the Redaction tool. That wouldn't make sense. The redaction has to be 100% opaque so the underlying content can't be seen.

The only thing you can set the opacity level for is the redaction mark itself, before it is applied. Is that what you're referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the fill color of the redaction will not change from anything but the empty box with the red line going diagonally through it.  No matter how many times I click on black it is just stuck on box with the line going through it and thus when I goto apply the redaction it does it so that it is transparent and appears like nothing was ever there in the first place. 

I need to be able to have the document show where the redactions have been made, while obviously not revealing the content, it is problematic if it looks like nothing was ever there in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 6.38.14 PM.png

I have tried changing the fill opacity from 0-100% multiple times and it doesn't matter.  You click on either of the fill color boxes and no matter how many times you click on the numerous black options, it never changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been some issues reported recently regarding color (especially transparent color) selection in Acrobat on Macs. Maybe this is another variation of this issue.

What's your exact version of Acrobat, and OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.13 High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's probably the reason for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks try67, I thought maybe based on the recency of the issue that it may be it, let's hope they get it fixed, I need it to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if Adobe is ever going to fix this problem?  We're pretty significantly into the life of High Sierra and I'm still having the problem even after uninstalling and re-installing Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I'm having exactly the same problem today - can only get blank/white redactions as default, can't select anything different.

Version 2018.011.20055, under High Sierra 10.13.6.

Its not like APro DC isn't popular with Mac users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.  Mac OS 10.13.6.  Hey, Adobe!   Yes...you.  You listening?  This has been going on for quite some time now.  You are  effectively disabling a critical feature of your program for Mac users. Get it fixed!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 and the problem persists. Can it really be that hard to fix or is it so that Adobe just does not care?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat version and system version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X:  10.14.6

Acrobat: 20.12.20043.396433

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I just encountered the same issue. 
The fix is to set the "Redaction Mark Appearance" section they way you want your final redaction to appear:

- set your fill colour
- set your opacity
After that, it will work. The outline colour will not be displayed once the redactions have been applied.

With these settings the Overlay Text option also works perfectly.

ima28086331fpf1_0-1674580397912.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines