• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Words Showing Up Gibberish For Resume PDF

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello im applying for jobs and I created my resume on a pdf using acrobat. And im not sure if the pdf is showing up corrupt for everyone else. But when I view the pdf on the browser and when I hit space bar on my mac to view the pdf the words are showing up as Gibbershish but when i open the pdf in acrobat it looks fine. 

Please let me know if my pdf is showing up corrupt for you as well and if so please let me know how i can fix this quickly. Thank you so much. 

PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED... MODERATOR

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, that's gibberish.

EXACTLY how did you create the PDF?

Do you have Acrobat Reader, Acrobat Standard, or Acrobat Pro?

When you went to create this, did you select "Print to PDF…" or "Print to Adobe PDF…"

What application did you use to create this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to be honest i downloaded a resume template and I used Acrobat to update it. Whats weird is i made 4 different resume's and this is the only version that came out that way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruben

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the PDF shows correctly when opened with Adobe Acrobat DC but shown gibberish when opened in a web browser

Web browsers use their own PDF mechanism to render and display the PDF file and they are not Adobe dependant. The ideal and recommended way is to download the PDF file to your computer locally and open it with Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC application.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but im using this pdf to apply for jobs so i need it to work correctly on browser and locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follow what Bevi said. She's correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is caused when the fonts are not embedded into the PDF when you export it.

2 reasons why this happens:

1. The option to embed all fonts (subsetted) wasn't checked when the PDF was made. Or

2. The fonts you used are not licensed to be embedded. They are protected, or you didn't purchase the right license that allows them to be embedded into PDFs.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines