Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yellow Page background of PDFs

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF page background changed to Yellow instead of no background for all pdf files after updating Acrobat with September’ 2021 release.

Available Workarounds for Windows machines:

Workaround 1: Windows machine

• Close Acrobat.
  • From Windows Control Panel Open Color Management.
  • Select the affected display (if you have multiple affected displays you will need to repeat the following steps for each one).
  • Check the box “Use my settings for this device”
  • Select any existing profiles associated with this device and remove them.
  • Click Add and choose the ICC Profile called sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
  • Click OK and then Close
  • Test

Workaround 2: Mac & Windows machine:

• Select Acrobat’s Preference for replacing document colours, under Preferences > Accessibility and set the document background colour to white.
                  (Open Acrobat, Go to Edit > Preferences > Accessibility)
                  (Mac: Acrobat > Preferences> Accessibility)

Please let us know if this works for you by posting/commenting on this post.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Western5D66 

We're sorry for the trouble you had. I have sent you an email requesting some info, please check the email you used to log in/post on the community.

Thanks for your time and your cooperation on this.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not solve the problem, will there be an update to this persistant issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Carl DiRocco 

We're sorry for the trouble you had. I have sent you an email requesting some info, please check the email you used to log in/post on the community.

Thanks for your time and your cooperation on this.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue appears to becoming worse.

Will there be a patch to fix this serious problem?
I can no longer use Adobe Acrobat (see below), Adobe seems to not care and your email brushes this problem off to our IT department. 

CarlDiRocco_1-1639425605751.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on all pdf files or just on specific files. First rule of trouble shooting is to isolate the problem. The same file on different computers and the computer with different files lets you determine if it is the file or the computer. Have you dabbled with colour management settings? (a screeenshot would help). In the Print production tool there is also a setting to simulate colour paper, would be good to know if that is checked. 

It could happen if there is absolute colour rendering, simulate paper white and your PDF has a colour profile that has a more yellow profile than your screen (note that any print profile will have 5000K as print profile while most monitors and RGB profiles have white point of 6500K). A screen dump Information about the type of Pdf (Pdf-X, Pdf-A etc or better a sample Pdf) and knowing more about your setup, would help. Unfortunately colour issues may also be connected to how you have your operating system and monitor configured. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding, but this wasn’t my original post, I was just quickly throwing in a suggestion for the original “postee”

--
Denise Packel
(moderator removed private signature information)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you solved this problem? Can you please tell me how? Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is i

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THESE DO NOT WORK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[website link removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst this makes it appear white in most zoom levels, some zoom levels show yellow and importantly when printing, it comes out yellow.

Any other tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing is not display! What this has to do with this workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF page background changed to Yellow instead of no background for all pdf files after updating Acrobat with September’ 2021 release.

Available Workarounds for Windows machines:

Workaround 1: Windows machine

• Close Acrobat.
  • From Windows Control Panel Open Color Management.
  • Select the affected display (if you have multiple affected displays you will need to repeat the following steps for each one).
  • Check the box “Use my settings for this device”
  • Select any existing profiles associated with this device and remove them.
  • Click Add and choose the ICC Profile called sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
  • Click OK and then Close
  • Test

Workaround 2: Mac & Windows machine:

• Select Acrobat’s Preference for replacing document colours, under Preferences > Accessibility and set the document background colour to white.
                  (Open Acrobat, Go to Edit > Preferences > Accessibility)
                  (Mac: Acrobat > Preferences> Accessibility)

Please let us know if this works for you by posting/commenting on this post.

By @AnandSri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently changed laptop and now I have the same problem, PDF page background changed to Yellow instead of no background.

If I choose the ICC Profile called sRGB IEC61966-2.1 the situation improves but this profile doesn’t remain set, it automatically resets to the DEFAULT profile.

Isn't there an Adobe patch yet to fix this problem?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this work around in another discussion and it worked for me! Credit to JJ3ANS

Erica26010450y8yj_0-1662587620476.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

It's a cool idea, but it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been going on far to long, many PDF's are unreadible on screen as various back ground colours changed to white make the text impossible to read, thankfully I can read them on my iPad !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there are several issues that could cause this. It would be helpful to know what "This" problem you are refferring to.
There have been few people complaining that also are revealing the information necessary to trouble shoot:
1) What application was the Pdfs createde with and with what settings.

2) What are the colour management settings in Acrobat.

3) What are the colour management settings on the display. (There are here two more new type of settings that may have effect "accessibility" and "night light")

The most common has to do with missunderstanding about what "absolute" colour rendering does. (remember wresteling with this some 20 years ago) Absolute colour rendering tries to emulate the tone of white of one device on another. Acrobat does as instructed, and if you have a monitor profile that has a cool (blue) white and your document is to emulate print on (D50, = warmer white) then lighter colurs will appear yellow.

Using relative colometric viewing will most likely give satisfactory results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'This problem' in a post about the yellow background in Adobe seems a little obvious - PDF's are provided by many people inside and outside my organisation, they are all yellow.

I have tried all of the colour management options suggested with no change, it seems like a ridiculous proposition that a consumer level product requires the end user to get under the hood and make changes.

My laptop used to have this same problem when the yellow background emerged, it has since stopped exhibiting this problem without any input from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried these and several options found online to resolve this problem, so far the only workable solutions are...
1. Use another device (laptop, iPad or iphone)

2. Use a third party PDF reader 
3. Read PDF's in the Preview Pane (as these are not yellow)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its didn't works I have an iphone and now I want to do it in app  

[Link removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an Adobe patch to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines