• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC - Unable to read memory

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scanned three separate documents as I have numerous times in the past, however, this time, I received the following error message when I tried to access the PDF File: (I could see the file but then received the error message and was basically kicked out of the Documents.

I am running WIndows 8.1 64 bit

Error Message Received on opening each of the three documents:

"AcroMissingCompWClass at 0x586e525c referenced  memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read."

Appreciate any assistance on this. I actually removed and re-installed the application and still receive theerror message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

So after more frustration, no help or suggestions other than doing exactly what you did, I finally dumped Acrobat Reader DC totally and went on a search through Explorer. I looked for older versions of reader and finally was able to download Adobe Reader X1 and held my breath........ I am happy to report, I can now open all (any) of my PDF files and there are no errors.....

Now the difference between our systems is obviously the OS, I am running Window’s 8.1 64 Bit Version and you Win 7 SP 1 (cu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have got same problem and similar other as follows and i re installed Reader DC but problem not resolved. there is also no phone technical support from Adobe and therefore unable to contact Adobe for any technical support.

"The instruction at 0x5fa6525c referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can find no contact for Tech support either and this is really annoying!! I did send one of the scanned (PDF) Docs to my better halves tablet and she was able to open/view with no error messages. This leads me to believe it is a problem with my laptop but not being a "guru" I have no idea on how to fix it. I did same as you, deleted and reinstalled and I still get the error message...... Appreciate anyone out there that could help figure this out. I have a lot of PDF Files that I maintain and with this error, I can't really get at any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still battling with the same problem, i.e. when opening Adobe Acrobat Reader DC programme or a pdf, after a few seconds (during which I can actually see the open pdf displayed!) I have had the same error messages as OP and the other poster at different times:

"AcroMissingCompWClass at 0x586e525c referenced  memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read" and

"The instruction at 0x5fa6525c referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read"

I've uninstalled, downloaded & reinstalled from scratch, repaired the programme through Control Panel & also through the Reader programme itself

tried restoring an old version of Reader but same thing happened

It seems this forum may only receive occasional attention from Adobe staff & is mostly peer to peer support

There are others who have the same problem in the last few days and have posted on the other thread I referred to before ... but there doesn't seem to be anyone coming forward with help

In the hope of provoking some response from someone who can shed light, here's info about my system, hardware etc., as advised for forum posts:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 15.023.20053

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

AMD Athlon

2GB RAM

32-bit OS

ATI Radion HD3200 Graphics

Please ... any help would be very welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after more frustration, no help or suggestions other than doing exactly what you did, I finally dumped Acrobat Reader DC totally and went on a search through Explorer. I looked for older versions of reader and finally was able to download Adobe Reader X1 and held my breath........ I am happy to report, I can now open all (any) of my PDF files and there are no errors.....

Now the difference between our systems is obviously the OS, I am running Window’s 8.1 64 Bit Version and you Win 7 SP 1 (curious why you have only loaded SP1?) This is the link I used to download the Version X1. ( http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/thankyou.jsp?fileID=5519&ftpID=5507 ). CAUTION*** Ensure you remove any copies of Reader you might already have on your system prior to initiating the download.

Hope this helps and hopefully, some day, Adobe might kick in and explain to all of us who have experienced (apprears to be a lot!) the AR DC memory errors, why.... and perhaps provide a fix.... if they are trying to sell this as the “latest and greatest” then they should also provide reasonable support.

Take care;

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also removed Adobe DC Reader and installed older Adobe Reader XI on my Win 7 professional and it works without any error. but, Adobe team must look at this problem with DC and fix it. without tech support from Adobe, Reader DC is simply useless stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, congratulations Rick!

After posting last night, I did just try googling the error message and found this on Microsoft site, which I thought was interesting, i.e. perhaps a Microsoft update mucking things up rather than an Adobe issue ...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/904708

but then I found another recent related thread (Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working ) where I found a solution to the DC problem (suggested by a user but later also recommended as an option by a member of Adobe staff) ... copying it here in case you want / need to revisit DC and try again:

Compatibility Mode for Windows 7

A crash is observed on running application with Windows 7 compatibility mode. To check if this is causing the application to crash on your machine and to fix this anomaly, please follow the steps given below:

1. Right click on the application icon of Adobe Acrobat Reader
  2. You will see a Properties Dialog.
  3. Switch to Compatibility View tab as shown in the snapshot below and turn off (uncheck) "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

This should solve the issue.

NB He fails to add, you need to check 'Apply' (bottom right) before proceeding

There are people on there who are solving the problem by messing with Enhanced Security, i.e. unchecking Protected Mode, which sounds risky to me ... but the 'compatability' change sounds safe enough ... and works for me and many others, so am keeping fingers crossed

All the best, Margot

PS I am not aware of having refused any W7 service pack offers ... just checked and there seems to be only Service Pack 1 in existence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Margot;

Glad that worked for you!. Yes, Adobe will have to come up with some kind of "global" solution to address the different versions of Windows OS. We are apparently just a couple of the many people who seem to be experiencing similar issues.

I was thinking about the SP1 mentioned and I guess I was thinking about the "enhanced". You might want to check the release number to see if that is what you have on your system  ( Latest Windows Service Packs & Updates (January 2017) ). You can check this link to see if you are running the most current fixes.... Cheers;  Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Margot,

FYI, the programming error "... referenced memory at 0x00000000" is an ancient and very common one.

All software, from any vendor under the sun, will have thrown this error at some time or another,

although as an end-user we kinda expect vendors to fix most of those during alpha testing.

So, you should not be at all surprised to see old bug reports of this sort, for wildly different software.

Your suggestion of running in Compatibility Mode, seems to work for many users, so thanks for mentioning it.

Alas it doesn't work for my "problem" user, but thanks anyway.

Personally, I find it amusing that the "correct answer" in this thread is to ditch the flagship product and downgrade to Reader XI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released an update today that fixes the crash issue. This update will be automatically applied to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader DC. You can also open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Details about the release: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

PS: Please mark the post as answered if this resolves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! I removed the Adobe Reader X1 that I had previously installed to address the numerous issues (memory issue the main) and I have just now reloaded the fix you have introduced. Happy to say, that this fix seems to correctly address the previously experienced memory error issues and inability to access my PDF's...

Thanks again! I, (and many others, I am sure!), totally appreciate your attention and quick response to these issues. You have restored my faith in Adobe products!!

Cheers;

Rick Kennedy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are very glad to hear that, Rick!

Thanks for confirming,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry took a couple days before I was able to check back with the user.

It does indeed seem that a silent update has been applied to AcroRD32.exe, which is now at v15.23.20056.213124 signed 17th Jan.

I am now unable to reproduce the problem, so yes it appears to be fixed, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Ashu for taking steps in solving the problem. great job! i hope this problem will not recur. but, if it does, we believe you can fix it quickly. Regards...suraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful news! Thanks for confirming reseracher​!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got another

referenced memory at 0x000000000 could not be read on adobe reader.

Running on Multiple VM Windows 2012R2 under terminal services

At present existing users do not appear to be affected only new users.

On one server I have managed do run as administrator, open the pgm and save the settings for default pdf and enhanced security but get  referenced error  0x56cdf933 referenced memory at 0x000000000 could not be read on adobe reader, when open as a user.

Any ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have joined the club ... unable to open any adobe files today after it was working fine yesterday

The file opens initially and then the error window (as with OP and reseracher) opens and clicking OK does what it says, i.e. just shuts the whole programme down

I've uninstalled and reinstalled but problem persists

I found this thread which looks helpful but it's from Nov 2015 so the link may be to out-of-date assistance ... ?:

Unable to open PDF files with DC - memory error

and unfortunately there's no response to indicate whether it worked, although I think it was marked solved in some way

Any help gratefully received

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I was getting the same error with Acrobat DC no matter what I tried.  But then after installing Adobe Reader XI on my Win 8, it works without getting the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is now resolved. Thanks to Ashu and all at Forum who have actively participated in solving the problem. Thanks...suraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines