• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble getting my PDF's to open. Followed some of the suggestions in the online forums and it worked for a few days and then back to the same old message. Any further suggestions?

thanks

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Johns,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following links

I have been getting the "acrobat fail to send a DDE command"  Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2123241

Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server  Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1050902

Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server (Installation & updates)  Link: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/Acrobat-failed-to-connect-to-a-DDE-server-q211263.aspx

If possible, create another user account and check, for Windows machine, enable the Hidden admin account, and for Mac machine, enable the root account.

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

1. Is it Acrobat or Reader installed, check from Help>About Acrobat/Reader.
  2. Is it a Mac or Windows machine, and is it your personal or an office computer?

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HECK NO THIS IS NO HELP!  AS BIG AS ADOBE IS, WHY CAN YOU/THEY NOT GET THEM D**N PROBLEM FIXED?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jerryi,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, there were  certain changes made in the latest update/patch of Acrobat/Reader and the issue was addressed, however, as you mentioned you are still experiencing  this issue.

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat/Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates and see if this brings any difference.

You can also refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following Adobe article Fatal error - Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server

If the issue still persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FORGIVE THE CAPS BUT THAT WAS THE POINT OF SENDING IN THE COMPLAINT…I HAVE DONE ALL THAT, I AM CURRENT ON UPDATES AND YOUR STUPID BLOODY PRORGAM STILL GIVES ME THAT MESSAGE! HOW CAN YOU BE SO BIG AND YET SO INEFFICIENT?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, but as mentioned earlier, this issue was fixed with the latest update of Acrobat/Reader.

But as you mentioned that you are still experiencing this issue after trying all the troubleshooting steps and suggestions mentioned, please share the following details so that we can look into it and can assist you in fixing this issue

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is on windows platform

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2018.011.20038 PAID

[Personal info removed by mode: phone number] central time zone, never used private message so…..am in office from 7AM until 3:30PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the following article which discusses How to send a private message  How Do I Send Private Message

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no correct anywhere but i will try to send message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have sent you a private message, please check your email inbox .

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines