• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat failed to load its Core DLL--can't open pdf files as a result

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2008 Oct 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Acrobat Reader 9 and I am getting this error message. I shut down the computer to no avail. I am not able to read any pdf files. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deepak, the last thing my computer needs is to download more programs. Is there going to be a point where we will be able to just uninstall Adobe Reader and re-install it , where it will work normally?? This program is vital for my job and I have gone 2 weeks without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point is that for many, perhaps most, people this problem means that there is some really bad software on the machine called a "rootkit". This is nothing to do with Adobe, but luckily breaks Adobe Reader. Lucky, because you can now know it is there and get rid of it before it steals any more credit card numbers, or sends more spam from your computer, or does whatever else it is doing. This should be your #1 priority!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! IIT IS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  This worked and my Adobe is now printing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is clear that Deepak's answer to our problem is the ultimate fix. I want to thank him and whoever else came up with this solution. It is easy and does not take a long time. Kaspersky is a respected Virus/Malware software company and without downloading any big programs to my system, you just run a quick scan and it pulls up the rootkit malware, then allows you to "cure" it. Restart your system and it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you guys recommended and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deepak... You are a freakin GENIUS!  I've been trying to fix this problem for a month.  I ran the utility, deleted the reader folder and ran repair.  And it works like a charm!  Thanks for being THE Adobe expert!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The scan (TDSSKiller) can't find the rootkiit, reader still  can't be open!

uninstall and reinstall a new version been done, but the results remain the same "Fatal Error" can not open the reader.

How to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you envsafety, the TDSSkiller worked for me.  I ran the program and it found a file Pihar.c though I don't recall where it was located.  Did the fix and re-booted and my Adobe Reader works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact problem in opening my Adobe Reader except its version XI.  Keep getting the error message failed to load core dll. I have a Windows 7 OS, 64 bit with IE 10.  I did download on protected mode but don't know why that would make a difference... I hope it doesn't interfere with my antivirus software- Norton 360- yea I spent good money for this because of a trojan virus that was so bad I had to use system restore.  Can someone help me out with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please See the solution on below link : http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines