• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat opening but not displaying PDF

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open a PDF, Acrobat opens but does not display a window. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same issue. It shows up in the menu at the top so I know it's open and I can print the pdf I opened... just can see the actual document, which is very frustrating for me. Any idea what I can do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Hi All,

Sorry to hear the inconvenience caused to you and the delay in response to your queries.

You may use the cleaner tool to uninstall the application completely-

Windows-

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Mac- Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Download it from- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and have reinstalled 5 times...beyond frustrating. I have been using the program for years and have not encountered this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having the same issue, and it just started within the past week. Acrobat opens but does not display any document. This makes Acrobat Reader DC useless!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear the inconvenience caused to you and the delay in response to your queries.

You may use the cleaner tool to uninstall the application completely-

Windows-

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Mac- Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Download it from- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this finally fixed my problem!  Spent HOURS trying to resolve until I found this forum thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great to hear it worked for you.

Let us know if any further assistance is required.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the cause of this issue? Because I can't have everyone in our entire company go through this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people find Window > Tile > Horizontal fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I tried that on 3 different Macbooks and it did not solve anything. Only way I was able to fix it was uninstall Acrobat completely with the cleaner tool and reinstall it.

I am really looking for what is causing this issue, because I can't have our entire organization go through downloading the cleaner tool and then reinstall Acrobat. Its really frustrating that it seems to be a random error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed mine! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me - thank goodness. I reinstalled it 4 times to no avail. BEYOND frustrating. I would have been FURIOUS trying to deal with a cleaner app. I've used this app for over a decade without issue and suddenly this. So whoever figured out this simple solution - thank you as you are a genius.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Window > Tile when a file is shown as open in the Window menu. If that doesn't fix it, that isn't the same problem as I'm familiar with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Test Screen name! This worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Tried to the cleaning tool, still the same issue.

Gave it up, really annoying for a paid tool...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

similar/same issue here

reader will not open

uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times

used cleaner & reinstalled, no change

every time I try to launch (this was also happening before the no-start issue) I get a user-account-control alert "do you want to allow this app to make a change to this computer?" as if I were trying to install or update it

windows 10

latest version of reader dc

domain user account with appropriate user rights to both install and use this app

I'm the IT mgr sending this message from the end user's workstation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These links don't work. Our company is having the same issue. I can see the text on the pdf when I preview in my email provider, but when I try to open the Acrobat acts like the PDF is blank. We pay for enterprise level. This isn't acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to open a old thread, but after many diagnoses and "cleaning" of installations (doesn't work at all)  I may be get the answer:

My problem started after I connect a secondary monitor and display a PDF in that monitor, then got to work on a only monitor configuration,   when I double click a file on windows explorer, the two AcroRd32.exe process are visible on Task Manager, but no window displayed at all, I have to force close the process and manually open the Acrobat Reader Shortcut on start menu, then the main window is displayed and I can open the file or even double click a file on exploer and the file is open on the visible window.

now I did connect a secondary monitor again and voaila,  when I double click a file on explorer, guess:  the window for acrobat reader was open on the secondary monitor.  manually move the opened window to primary monitor, maximize it and close,  remove secondary monitor and now every time I double click a file on explorer the file is open and visible!!

for some reason Adobe acrobat remember the monitor last open but doesn't change if there is no secondary monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeeesss!, exactly the same problem, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines