Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat pro has all the tools greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi team

when ever the acrobat pro opens a pdf document. all the tools are greyed and not accessible and cannot close the document unless i exit the acrobat pro app. 

using window 10  v. 21H2

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick27903716zfji,

Thank you for reaching out.

As the tools are greyed out and not accessible, please confirm if you are referring to the tools under the Tool tab in the application.

Try preparing the installation of the application. Go to Help > Repair installation. 

Also, check if the application is updated to the latest version.

Share the current application version number with us and the screenshot of the tools.

Let us know if the issue is already resolved.

Thanks,

Meenakshi  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi meenakshi 

actually all tools are greyed out, and i cannot even open the pdf, 

in order to open the pdf  i would have to click the pdf doc itself to open it to acrobat pro. 

and i cannot close the pdf doc either,  i would have to exit the acrobat in order to close the doc. 

the version is  2022.003.20314 

new as  i just downloaded from adobe. 

and tried the repair and did not work. 

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Patrick27903716zfji 

Try the following steps and see if that helps:

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s file traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Download the Acrobat installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

If this doesn't help, then 

Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Start-up", "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat [Windows only]

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting.  

Let us know the result

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Patrick27903716zfji 

Close the Edit PDF toolbar by clicking the Close button to the far right. It appears that you have opened an official PDF that cannot be edited, so those commands are not available to you.

Can you go to File Menu > Document Properties > Description tab and show us a screenshot of that dialog?

You can also post the link to U.S. Customs and Border Protection where you got the PDF so we can look at it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Patrick27903716zfji 

Looking at your image again, it looks over-xeroxed and then scanned in. Is this the same form?

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2021-Sep/CBP%20Form%207512.pdf

It was created in LiveCycle and you will not be able to edit it, so close your Edit PDF toolbar.

janee_0-1675280867161.png

It is a fillable form from the website.

• Download it
  • Save it or Move it to a folder on your computer
  • Fill it out

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi jane

that is the correct document, but i have another adobe that is working correctly and the adobe app informs that the document cannot be edited. 

but the adobe app with the issue cannot even open the document with the open command as it is greyed out.

so i believe there is an issue with the other adobe app 

xsa.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Patrick27903716zfji 

You can't edit it because it was created in LiveCycle Designer. You have your Edit toolbar open and you need to click the Close button on the right.

973341E9-F2A0-4804-A65A-30D29270129B.jpeg

You should be able to fill it out with the Selection tool.

I have it open on my iPad now. On an iPad or mobile phone, I can't even fill out the form because it was created in LiveCycle.

7F364518-C7D6-44A9-BCC6-3250138FEF3D.jpeg

It's the Department of Homeland Security, not you. We see this all the time with Live Cycle forms. It's reached End Of Life and has been replaced by Adobe Experience Manager. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/adobe-livecycle-end-of-core-support.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines