• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader crashing after 10 sec of opening file

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PFD file shuts down automatically after 10 sec, had this issue a while back and was given a patch file fix but now it's doing it again.  How can I get a new patch?  And this is ridiculous, why does this keep happening!  Huge inconvenience to work day.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help - updates works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may have found the answer! I'm installing updates right now on my Acrobat X Pro program. Fingers crossed that it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to have worked!!! I am so excited. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was really hoping this would work, but it didn't work for me - after checking for updates it simply says "no updates available" and continues to shut the program within 7-10 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! It works, when I instaled updates and restart machine.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEAUTIFULL !!! IT WORKS !!! "Help --> Check for updates"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

 this comes up when I do....... Help: check updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, too! Thanks a million times over, dlorts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same problem , it worked thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Just be quick and get the check for updates started. Mine still closed that first time, but after installing updates and restarting, it seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your post @dlorts .  I did as you suggested (quickly clicked: Help --> Check for updates), and it worked for me also.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and I can now open PDFs again, and the program won't crash anymore after 10 seconds.  (As you stated, nothing was shown for the update check this first time, but I tried the update check again afterwards, and it did do the check, and told me I was up to date).  This problem started out of the blue (unfortunately while I was traveling out of the country), so I wanted to wait until I got back home to try to fix it.  My version is 22.003.20282.  Which means it is 2 years later, and this problem still crops up!!  I am on Windows 10.  I don't think there was an update while I was traveling, but with windows, you never really can be sure of anything.  Anyway, everything is now working, so thanks for your very easy solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, too!! Thanks!

Same thing, clicked check for updates, and seemed like nothing happened except it said I am up to date. But it stopped closing, so I'm happy! Time will tell if it resolves the issue indefinitely, but this is definitely a good emergency fix.

Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that if anyone is having trouble getting to the button quickly - try just opening adobe from the start menu (don't open by clicking on a PDF) to start a 'blank' session. I found it wasn't closing when I opened it this way - only when I had a PDF open - so by doing this I was allowed as much time as I wanted to click on Help > Check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dlorts, Thank you for this tip. I have just applied this fix. I actually got a flashing box saying applying updates but after a while it finished. I restarted my computer and opened a pdf. It has now stayed open for over half an hour.

As you say, you have to be quick! Many Thanks  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx a lot. This suggestion solved the long standing problem. It really works .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I had the same problem, the SOLUTION that worked for me was to install the "creative cloud desktop" from the Adobe website. 

Once installed it solved the problem. 

Hope it helps. 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it too and it still gives me this message. Did you do anything else after installing  it? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked (For Acrobat X):  I had same problem with program closing after a few seconds.  I then read through this forum and tried this winner:  Open Acrobat then (quickly!) Go to Help/Check for Updates...  A second screen opens up just about the time the program closes...but second screen remains and asks to verify installation of update.  Ran the update, it corrected whatever registry problems there were... and wha la!  The next time I opened Acrobat, it stayed open.   I hope this works for anyone else experiencing this awful glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get when I do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's what worked for me tonight.  i setup a new computer for a customer. she uses adobe xi, which i installed from her legit cd. when i ran it to test it shut down in 10 seconds. and it kept shutting down whenver i ran it. this is what fixed it.

1. DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET

2. start acrobat

3. CONNECT TO INTERNET

4. in acrobat click Help>Check For Updates

5 the product will update and will/has worked every time since the update

no other changes were made to windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try switching to the Adobe Acrobat extension for chrome. You'll have to open an account on Adobe, but it's quite useful to open PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried multiple things. I notice on my second monitor that an Adobe window would open momenterrialy then close with the PDF that I had opened. It only lasted for a few seconds. After opening Acrobat from the start menu this window opened up in front of the Acrobat window. I hovered my mouse over it and it then disclosed and a Acrobat Use Policy update and when I agreed to it I no longer had the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. That simple advice solved the frustrating problem that appeared out of the blue with no indication of acceptance of new rules being necessary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only adobe would tell you the fix to Adobe shutting down after 10 seconds is to wait for Adobe to load and then adjust your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem. Opened file and it closed after several seconds. A solution that worked for me: Open file and discount from the internet or go into airplane mode. Wait a few moments and reconnect to the internet. The file stayed open and was able to edit it. This is only a partial solution as I have to discount from the internet each time I want to view/edit an Adobe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines