• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC and old versions

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time I have had both Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat Standard 7.1.4 installed on my Windows 10 PC.  The latter came with a Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner I bought some years ago and I use it when managing scanned documents for some of the features that are not supported in Acrobat Reader.  Hoever I prefer to use an up-to-date version of Reader when viewing PDFs from the web.

Recently (possibly since the June update of Reader DC), my Acrobat 7.1.4 installation got partiallty deleted.

I tried un-installing and re-installing both prooducts, but I don't seem to be able to have them both installed at the same time anymore.  The Acobat Reader DC installer seems to insist on removing all previous versions of Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Standard, and refuses to install if I don't agree.

Is there any way to over-ride this?  I cannot manage without my Fujitsu Scanner and Acrobat 7.1.4, so if they can't co-exit I will have to remove Readert DC and use an aternative reader.

Thanks

John

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, it's generally considered impossible to get Acrobat 7 reinstalled today, because the activation servers were turned off years ago. You might be lucky; if so I recommend you stop right there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

It's an OEM version of Acrobat 7 that was bundled with a scanner and it installs fine by itself.  I guess it doesn't need activation as it's an OEM verison.

The problem is just with the Reader DC installer which insists on removing it. It worked fine 6 months ago so I guess they have changed the DC installer.

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines