• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC Crashes with Switching Input Methods (i.e., Keyboard Languages)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me maybe 15 times in the past month. I'm on Windows 10 Home version 1909. I use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2020-009-20074. I have three different "input methods" (i.e., keyboards, or "preferred languages") set up. When I'm typing inside a comment bubble and press Left Alt + Left Shift to switch between keyboards, Reader often freezes. This doesn't happen every single time, but it does happen frequently. The only solution is to close the program and to start it up again, which often results in loss of recent work.

I have three sets of dump files ready to share. I can link to them here unless doing so will compromise my security. (I don't know what they contain.)

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem when I change my language. Haven't found a workaround yet. Preinstalled Adobe Reader, same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Problem occurs when using the standard Windows + Space keyboard shortcut or when switching using the language icon in the task bar via the mouse, so it is not hotkey related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here,  and on Acrobat Pro as well. More than a year after the last comment here, no patch has fixed the issue yet. @AnandSri (Hope that tagging an employee isn't against the forum rules), is there a fix coming soon? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. it's a pity to see that more than 3 years have passed and the problem was not yet address. I hope an adobe employee will see this and will reply soon. Seriously thinking about cancelling our family subscription because of this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines