• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC not responding

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within a few seconds of me opening Acrobat Reader DC, the rainbow wheel comes up and the application hangs. Application is 'not responding' and I have to force quit. I cannot use the application at all. I've tried trashing the application (there appears to be no way to uninstall), deleting the trash and downloading and reinstalling. I've tried this twice now, restarted the machine after installation, and nothing has changed. I cannot open or use reader or print .pdfs.

The application was working just fine until I had a involuntary update a few days ago. I'm not even sure what was updated, but that's when these problems began. I've been searching the forums and web for assistance or understanding as to what's happening, but this seems to be unique. One person wrote in the forums about the same thing happening, but they had success when they uninstalled and reinstalled - and this was for Pro anyway, not the reader. HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

You can use the following link to download the Mac cleaner tool for Acrobat\Reader:

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/mac/AcrobatDC/misc/AdobeAcroCleanerTool.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Ok. I was going to suggest using the Acrobat Cleaner tool but that's Windows only. Not a Mac person. Maybe someone who is knows about a similar app for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the following link to download the Mac cleaner tool for Acrobat\Reader:

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/mac/AcrobatDC/misc/AdobeAcroCleanerTool.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this appears to have worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was only a temporary fix. I think you have a bug on your hands. I'm seeing others commenting along the same lines. I've had to resort to Preview for printing .pdfs. Filling them in is a different story, since Preview isn't really set up for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a valid answer - the cleaner apps are ofthe corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carolf,

If you need to download Acrobat cleaner tool for PC, you can use the URL Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Could you pls. help answer the following question to investigate the issue?

• Does the application hang when opening some PDF file or just opening the application with no documents hangs it?
  • If it hangs while opening some PDF, does it happen with all PDF files or some specific files?

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The application hangs both when trying to open a file and when trying to open the application itself without attempting to open a file. So far, it has happened with every file I've attempted to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for some help,  Acrobat is not responding when I open the application or any pdf document on my desktop.

- I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and no change

- tried using Acrobat cleaner and then installing again no change

when I check the online I saw that this was due to the latest patch release  for Acrobat DC , I have since returned to the forum and haven't see an update.

any assistance would be much appreciated

below is the logs I pulled from the desktop if this helps

Account Detail:
   User Rights: Admin
   User Account Control: Limited
   Process Integrity: Low
   Profile Type: None
Acrobat Detail:
   Sandboxing: On
   Captive Reader: No
   Multi-Reader on Desktop Support: Off
Available Physical Memory: 4194303 KB
Available Virtual Memory: 4020416 KB
BIOS Version: LENOVO - 31435030
Default Browser:
Default Mail: Microsoft Outlook
    mapi32.dll
    Version: 1.0.2536.0 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

Display Detail:
   Screen Width: 1600
   Screen Height: 900
   Number of Monitors: 1
   Number of Mouse Buttons: 16
   Has Mouse Wheel: Yes
   Has Pen Windows: No
   Double Byte Character Set: No
   Has Input Method Editor: Yes
   Inside Screen Reader: No
Graphics Card:
    Version: 0.0.0.0
    Check: Not Supported
Installed Acrobat:
Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
    Version: 18.11.20038.267465
    Creation Date: 2018/02/22
    Creation Time: 11:57:36
Locale: English (United Kingdom)
Monitor:
    Name: NVIDIA Quadro K600
    Resolution: 1600 x 900 x 59
    Bits per pixel: 32
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 8.1
OS Version: 6.3.9600 
Page File Space: 4194303 KB
Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3  GenuineIntel  ~3392  Mhz
Session Detail:
   Boot Type: Normal
   Is Shutting Down: No
   Network: Available
   Inside Citrix: No
   Inside VMWare: No
   Remote Session: No
   Remote Control: No
   Using JAWS: No
   Using ZoomText: No
   Using Windows-Eyes: No
   Using NVDA: No
System Name: AS-ON-GPM01
Temporary Directory: C:\Users\gmooney\AppData\Local\Temp\acrord32_sbx\
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory: 4194303 KB
Total Virtual Memory: 4194176 KB
User Name: gmooney
Windows Detail:
   Tablet PC: No
   Starter Edition: No
   Media Center Edition: No
   Slow Machine: No
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleanup tool also "does not respond" after starting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Started about a month ago.  Acrobat Reader DC hangs in "not responding".  The program is almost unusable at this point.  I'm a long time Adobe user and have never had this issue.  Any suggestions on resolution are needed and appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem! Did you figure it out?

I've entirely removed the program, downloaded the scrubbing tool, scrubbed it, reinstalled it, twice, and STILL it hangs and will not open a single file. "Not responding." It was fine . . . until today . . . and now it won't work at all. Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I install another Adobe program to uninstall one?? doesn't make sense to me I just want it GONE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be an equivalent of the Trump University. You but something and you get a piece of useless junk. I bought this freakish Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and what a waste of my time and space. If I would have known all the problems before I would have burned the money directly. Every single time from the beginning if I start this junk it shows "NOT RESPONDING". If I am lucky and start the free DC version Adobe DC pro may work after 10 to 30 minutes and if not I need to kill all adobe processes in Task Manager. Same freak show when I turn it off and just stay on the screen frozen. Need to start Task Manager and kill it there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting really angry that they take money for this junk. They should publish a warning:"DO NOT USE THIS BS".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines