Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC requires a font package to correctly display a .pdf file

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. When I try to open a .pdf file Acrobat says that is required a font package to correctly display the document.

The screenshot of the pop-up is here:

When I click "OK", my browser says that is impossible to load the Internet page (the internet page is corrupted?).

So...What can I do with this issue? How can I download this required font package?

P.S. I look into my .pdf document's proprieties and the font that it uses are these:

I'm Italian and normaly I use the italian version of Adobe Reader DC on my Windows 10 PC.

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

I think this is what you need: Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous)  You might find the document is all in Japanese.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is what you need: Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous)  You might find the document is all in Japanese.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for my end user too.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the pdf was created using an Epson printer, Epson printer/scanner software CDs have been containing a bug in the Event Manager that causes this - it seems to save a pdf that requires Adobe Acrobat to use some Chinese Fonts, even when displaying an image without text. This results in the Adobe Reader pop up window requiring that the font package be installed.

Here's what worked for us -

Go to Epson site, find your printer and its software, download and install a recent version of Event Manager. You do not need to uninstall the old version, as it will just be overwritten (Windows 10).

Hope this works for everyone, as it's nice and easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @jasons93044068 this was our exact issue. Updated and its working now with our Epson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I have an Epson printer and your solution worked for me.  Even though on my desktop icons it said I already had all the updates from Epson, I went to the Epson website and downloaded the most recent Event Manager, and then everything worked.  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  The .pdf was emailed to me.  I attempted the solution above but I have a newer version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - I have 2020.006.20034 version.  Any suggestions to enable me to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the document in a web browser (like Chrome).  If the document displays correctly then print it to PDF and save another copy.  That resolved this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super easy work-around. Kudos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, How Can I solve this problem?

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten this message twice in our office all from outside scanned documents attched to emails.  We are getting them through Outlook which gives us a normal preview of the scan within email, and also allows us to print with a the quick print option but prints a blank page.  Adobe reader DC wont open them, the docs aren't using any fonts what so ever, yet prompts for a the font package update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines