• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader for Kindle Fire

Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find the Acrobat Reader for Kindle Fire anywhere. Can anyone help? Without it, the links in an "interactive" PDFs don't work properly, as they do on my iPad. Others tell me that their Android phones seem to be OK, but I cannot find any app for the Kindle Fire.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Since Amazon removed access to the Google Play app, you can't install Adobe Reader on the Kindle Fire OS, even though it's Android-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Amazon removed access to the Google Play app, you can't install Adobe Reader on the Kindle Fire OS, even though it's Android-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's Amazon's fault, not Adobe that I cannot get the Acrobat Reader app? I go to the Appstore and it has the app, just says it's unavailable. I'm trying to find out what has happened to make it unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so what I suppose to do if I wanna buy Kindle and read books which are in Acrobad format? Is any Kindle I could use for it? Or should I look for some other reader which would be kindle and acrobac friendly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be a built in PDF reader for PDF files. Acrobat is just one product. However, you should probably not buy a Kindle if what you want to do is outside it's design area. You can run the Kindle app on Android or iOS if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as far as I know Adobe Acrobat Reader is not only "one product", but they are THE product. They are the pioneers, founders, and creators of the PDF standard.

- JOeD

Ciao!  🙂  Bella

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Office Suite Pro by MobiSystems handles interactive pdf. 14.95 but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but Pro is not free!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading APKpure for alternative apps. Will need to enable "apps from unknown sources". Adobe Acrobat is in there. Might be a bit slow but should work. Good luck!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your suggestion and installed Adobe PDF Reader on my Kindle Fire. It works perfectly. Thank you so much for your response to me.

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.  it worked.  I depend on Reader.  

Why the heck Jeff Bezos hate Adobe Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find APKpure? The Amazon AppStore doesn't have it, though Google Play does.

Ciao!  🙂  Bella

JOeD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download from Google Play then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx Dan for responding. To clarify, Kindle Fire is not  Google Play Android. Amazon's Fire OS has Amazon AppStore. I tried installing the Acrobat from the Google Play Store, but it errored with "missing component". It was G Play Store dependent.

I found APKpure website, but they didn't have the simple Adobe Acrobat Reader. They did have the full version, with editing capabilities, BETA (500+ Mb).

Ciao!  🙂  Bella

JOeD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the earlier post from Peter26374320czcw. I followed his post and the APK installed ok. I don't have my Kindle anymore so I can't help further. Sorry. Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Peter.... I asked this before, but not to you. Where do I and others download APKpure (for Kindle Fire Tablet)? 

- JOeD

Ciao!  :). Bella

Try downloading APKpure for alternative apps. Will need to enable "apps from unknown sources". Adobe Acrobat is in there. Might be a bit slow but should work. Good luck!!!

By @Peter26374320czcw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not that good in th he settings. Could you please explain how do I do that with the how to change the setting and the link for that download. Please I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly, very strongly, advise you don't try to find unofficial sources.  You have to switch off vital protection. These are often made by hackers and could steal your identity and your money. It's not worth the risk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you ask a friend that is more experienced with settings and downloading to perform these tasks for you. It is too easy for a novice to create more problems with their device especially downloading from unprotected unofficial outside sources (see Test Screen Name post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't really a new idea. Just something you had before. Just before and around 2013, I had devices like Creative Zen (Android 2.2) media player and then a Kindle Fire Tablet. Like Creative Labs is a founder and pioneer of sound on our PC's, since the 1980s, so is Adobe a founder, creator, and standard of digital documentation in almost every form.

What I am trying to say is: I had the Adobe Reader app on my devices mentioned above (both from Amazon AppStore). Please consider to support Amazon Tablets, in their AppStore and place your Acrobat Reader app, for Amazon Tablet owners again.

JOeD
Ciao! 🙂 Bella

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines