Acrobat Reader no Preview Pane

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Acrobat Reader yesterday and Windows explorer preview panel is no longer working

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Hey

We apologize for the delay in response.

If we understand it correctly, you are referring to the thumbnail preview of PDFs in windows explorer? If yes, then you might need to recheck the preferences settings of Adobe Reader which might got changed after installing update.

• Open Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC. On the Edit menu, choose Preferences.
  • In the Preferences dialog box, choose General in the Categories list, and then select the Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer check box.

Enable PDF thumbnail previews

• C

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

We apologize for the delay in response.

If we understand it correctly, you are referring to the thumbnail preview of PDFs in windows explorer? If yes, then you might need to recheck the preferences settings of Adobe Reader which might got changed after installing update.

• Open Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC. On the Edit menu, choose Preferences.
  • In the Preferences dialog box, choose General in the Categories list, and then select the Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer check box.

Enable PDF thumbnail previews

• Click OK.
  • Wait for a few seconds while Acrobat DC is configured to show thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Acrobat Reader in Windows explorer preview panel is no longer working. I tried what you have told to solve. But in the preference, its completely looks different. Please help mke to sort it out.

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem Here

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, as well

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We also facing same issue as this topic.

How to fix this issue? It's very very inconvinent while working without preview before.

If can, please guide me fix that.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, except mine has not worked for a few months and it is very inconvenient for what I do at work.  Several of our IT people have troubleshot it and it still does not work.  They did say that there were several on line with the same problem and it is an Adobe update issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have just had this problem. It arose after I updated with a new laptop, Windows 11, when I uploaded my Adobe CS6 stuff, after a few weeks the Acrobat X pro dropped off and I had to download the basic one until I could reinstall. That one was still fine with the preview pane. Now I have reinstalled the X pro, both the thumbnails and the preview pane is not available and the check box ascribed here to fix it is not in the Preferences, General. Has anyone found a solution yet? Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  I've searched forums and none of the several soluitions worked.   I unistalled the 64 bit version and re-installed the 32 bit.  Now the preview pane works without issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - File Explorer Preview Pane takes over 20 seconds to show the preveiw file.  Previous Adobe Pro version installed showed the preview in < 1 Second.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're facing the same issue right now. 32-Bit works fine, but not 64-Bit. Has anyone found a solution yet?
Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2022.002.20191 64-Bit

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines