• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat reader setting for windows taskbar view

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an option (in the new acrobat update) to change the windows taskbar view, so that when I put my mouse cursor on the acrobat reader icon on the taskbar, I -- dont-- get a preview of all the opened tabs in acrobat reader?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to your concerns.

I would like to let you know that this concern is not specific to Reader application Rather this is controlled by your Windows machine in generic for all the running applications.

Please search over the browse on how to disable the "Aero peek" theme on windows and that would do the charm for all your applications.

Ref ; https://www.google.co.in/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enIN811IN811&biw=1536&bih=683&ei=5Oy2W5GTBsv1vgT8_ZKQBQ&q=Disable+Aero++peek…

Thanks

Ayush Ja

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

There is no option to do this because this is not a design behavior nor an irritating user User Interface(UX) flaw of the Adobe Acrobat software, but only Microsoft Windows operating system.

Every other program like Adobe Acrobat, such as Microsft Office (except for web browsers), will annoyingly display in the same way like Adobe Acrobat is showing in the task bar.

In addition, Adobe Acrobat is not a web browser.

The feature that we all have been longing for is called Tabbed Browsing, whi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to your concerns.

I would like to let you know that this concern is not specific to Reader application Rather this is controlled by your Windows machine in generic for all the running applications.

Please search over the browse on how to disable the "Aero peek" theme on windows and that would do the charm for all your applications.

Ref ; https://www.google.co.in/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enIN811IN811&biw=1536&bih=683&ei=5Oy2W5GTBsv1vgT8_ZKQBQ&...

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is missing the point.   When I do Aero Peek over a Chrome or Firefox window with multiple tabs open, it shows only the currently active tab(s) in the Firefox or Chrome window(s).  If only one window with multiple tabs is open, I see only the one tab. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't resolve the issue. Firefox and Chrome have no problem with this feature (one window with many tabs, one taskbar item).
Adobe needs to add this feature, plain and simple. Many have complained and every time they get annoying work arounds instead of a proper solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just know the trick that will solve your problem! I also think there should be an option; so that when we click the icon in the taskbar it should just open the current tab rather than popping up the thumbnails of all the opened tabs;

The trick is:
Disable Grouping in the taskbar

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of solves the problem but introduces another one: the icons now all have text to them and fill up the taskbar. Why can't adobe just be like firefox, it groups by windows and not by tabs. If you have two windows open, each with five tabs, when you click on the firefox icon it brings up the two windows and you pick which one you want. If you have ten tabs on one firefox window when you click on the firefox icon it just opens that window straight away rather than frustratingly forcing you to choose which tab you want to open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you!

It was irritating the filling up of the taskbar. But now I have got used to it xD
Because the former is more annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UX is not really great. I was forced to make to the switch to sumatra pdf and foxit reader, they do exactly what we wanted. It restores sessions, current pages and there is only one icon on the taskbar for multiple open pdfs just like chrome and firefox.

They lacks some of the features that Adobe provides but for my needs I'm quite happy with them. and also they are completely free!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,my solution may be a little late for you. There are two methods:

1.Llick it with middle key of the mouse

2.Download a exe whose name is 7+taskbark, and set it as following pictureSnipaste_2021-12-17_20-09-17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My rely is deleted for no reason,I try to rely you again:

There are two methods :

1.Click it with the middle key of the mouse

2.If you just click it with the right key, you may need to download a app called 7+taskbar ,and check the 3th option in the "left click on combined item"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option to do this because this is not a design behavior nor an irritating user User Interface(UX) flaw of the Adobe Acrobat software, but only Microsoft Windows operating system.

Every other program like Adobe Acrobat, such as Microsft Office (except for web browsers), will annoyingly display in the same way like Adobe Acrobat is showing in the task bar.

In addition, Adobe Acrobat is not a web browser.

The feature that we all have been longing for is called Tabbed Browsing, which is exclusive of web browsing programs (which require an Internet connection).

We've been confusing design behaviors that are entirely different.

If we dig a little more about how computer programs are designed to interact with a specific operating system, it all becomes obvious.

That said, and contrary to the misconstrued popular beliefs in these support forums, Not because we can open and group several  PDFs documents in their own individual tabs inside of a single Adobe Acrobat window working space it means that this is  "Tabbed Browsing".

While convenient, the experience of opening several PDFs inside of one Adobe Acrobat window,  the same is not true for Microsoft Office programs (or any other software intended to run locally in a computer).

Note, that the equivalent to Adobe Acrobat tabs Preference, in  Microsoft Office would be clicking on  "View" ==>> "Switch Windows".

EMPHASIS ON Switch Windows not tabs; meaning that multiple instances of the MS Office program(s) will containerized every opened document on its own separate windowed process.

Let's try, for instance, opening Notepad.exe or Microsoft Outlook, three or more times; and then hover the mouse pointer over its icon on the task bar... what do you see?

Can you tab-browse that program like you would with  Microsft Edge, Mozzilla Firefox or Google Chrome web browsers?  

And can you see the mutliple annoying thumbnail previews for those two programs too?

You'll soon realize that Each document (or instance of the program), they all will be opened (and handled by the operating system not the program that is running locally on that operating system) as individual tasks.

Therefore the opened programs will be displayed in its own container window when you hover the mouse pointer over the corresponding icon in the taskbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, so, why doesn't this exact thing happen with, say, Foxit, which also has tabs like Adobe and doesn't require an Internet connection and isn't a web browsing program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines