• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader stop working during Digital Signature process

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to put digital signature on a PDF/A document.

When I open the pdf with the last version of Acrobat Reader DC (Continuous Release | Versione 2019.008.20074) at the bottom there''s a square to put the signature.

The workflow is:

- right click on the square-->sign.

- In the new window I put the check box on the first signature name listed and click "continue".

- On the second window I don't touch anything and click "Sign"

- The next window ask me to save the document. I click "ok" and overwrite it

- The last window ask me the PIN for the signature. I insert and click "OK".

- Workflow complete.

Until now I've never had problems, everything was smooth. But since two weeks I really don't know why, somewhere during the workflow Adobe Acrobat stops working. Not always in the same point. Sometimes in step one, or two, etc. To add signature I spend a lot of time, restarting continuously the application after waiting 10 or 15 minutes.

I cannot find the origin, because I really pay attention to not modify anything on my system, to avoid this.

This happens to my desktop pc. I also use a laptop with exactly the same configuration as the desktop, and also over there the same problem during signature workflow.

It happens from one day to another, without touching anything on my configuration system. Maybe I did it with no knowledge.

Can I ask you support to identify the origin of the problem and maybe solve it?

to put digital signature I have an USB smartcard reader with a card.

Thanks a lot.

Daniele.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved the problem

In Acrobat Reader preferences-->signature there's a checkbox that if enabled the Interface for digital signature is "Modern". I've unchecked it and now window interface for digital signature is minimal, with less option and the workflow is smooth, faster and without crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would request you to kindly share the Crash dumps when Reader Crashes for you.

Here is how you can collect the crash dump:

When Reader Crashes (If you get this error message "Adobe Reader has stopped working") , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs .

For Getting the Crash Logs:

1. When Acrobat Reader Crashes, Open Windows Task Manager
  2. -> Got to Processes, There you can see a process "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" / AcroRd32.exe
  3. Right Click on this process and click "Create Dump File"
  4. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
  5. Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail at absethi@adobe.com

Also, please share the below details.

1. Environment you are using (Win or MAC) and version?
  2. Smart card and certificate   details you are using for signing?

We will further investigate the issue on our end.

Thanks,

Abhinav Sethi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines