• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader takes forever to start on Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what exactly was changed in the latest update, but it's now taking a whopping 2 minutes to start the reader. That's way beyond acceptable.

I took the advice from another post and disabled your 'enhanced security' and 'start in protected mode'. And lo and behold: it suddenly starts without any noticeable delay.

I recommend you revisit your security settings. As is, they're unusable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nemo_nada,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, would you mind sharing more details about the issue you are experiencing?

Are you facing this issue on a Windows or Mac machine and what is the version of the OS?

Are you experiencing this issue with the latest version of Adobe Reader DC 19.010.20099? Please check the version details from help menu of Adobe Reader>select About Adobe Acrobat Reader and share the version with us.

Would you mind removing Adobe Reader DC once using Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader DC from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and see if this makes any difference.

For testing purpose, please create a test user profile with full admin rights, install Adobe Reader and check.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote in the title I'm running the reader on Windows 10 Pro (Version 1803). OS Build 17134.706.

The Acrobat Reader version is DC 19.010.20099.

I had already de-installed it and downloaded the current version today to reinstall it without effect.

As mentioned, the reader opens lightning fast after disabling 'Enable Protected Mode at startup' and 'Enable Enhanced Security' in the Preferences.

I'm not sure I can create a test user profile as you suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @nemo_nada,

Thanks for reporting the issue. In order to investigate the issue further can you pls. provide us with some logs from your system with Enable Protected Mode at startup' and 'Enable Enhanced Security' turned 'ON' in the Preferences.

Following are the steps to generate the procmon logs:

Capture.PNG

• Do the required steps/workflow and save the logs in the end.

Pls. provide the above logs to us using a file sharing utility.

Thanks in advance,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you pls. provide us the logs in order to investigate more on this issue?

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and disabled the same preferences to fix it. I was getting SO frustrated. Adobe needs to turn these off as defaults. Glad I found this post!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue here too - 1min 45s for Acrobat Reader to start up from a rt-click on a pdf file.

Windows 10 Pro Verion 1909 Build OS Build 18363.592

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019.021.20061

Turned off "Enable Protected Mode at Start up" in Edit -> Preferences -> Security (Enhanced).

Start up now almost instantaneous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... I seem to have the issue when there is more than one pdf I'd like to open. The first opens fine and then is delayed for each one afterward. I have turned off enable enhanced security and show online storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar problem starting Adobe Reader DC under Windows 8.1 but my "Not Responding" message lasts 15 minutes. So I can't work for 15 minutes! I suspect the problem is built into Adobe's product design (requiring online Internet access to identify the latest files you modified) and limitations on Adobe's servers (more and more people want to use it). If I'm correct, then there is a MASSIVE bottleneck that hamstrings users when they restart Adobe Reader DC, especially if they're like me and edit 6-8 PDFs in the same session. Until I get a satisfactory (alternative) explanation from Adobe, that is my working assumption of what's causing this unacceptable delay.  I need to find a way to work around it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines