• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat reader version 5.0 on Windows 10?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Needing to run Reader version 5 (Windows 95) to prepare for an online exam that utilizes this version for the 'open book' reference materials.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no reason to use that ancient version. If a PDF file could be opened in Reader 5 it can be opened in Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason that I need to run that very old version is:  I am taking a difficult & timed test for my job.  The test is "open book" in the sense that I am allowed to use Acrobat reader version 5.0 to access a couple thousand pages of US legal code (35 USC and 37 CFR).  The test software ONLY uses version 5.0.   I am very capable and efficient using modern acrobat reader to search the material but much less efficient with the old, out-dated, clunky version 5 - and ran out of time on my test.  I want to practice with the appropriate software before I try to take the exam a second time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really understand, but OK... Any way, this version is not available on Adobe's FTP site. The earliest one I can find there is 6.0, so you're out of luck, either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

You may download the Acrobat Reader DC application using the link https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

For more information about Acrobat Reader DC please check out the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/faq.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal.

I have the current version of Acrobat reader.  I need to run the ~20 year old version five.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even assuming you could get it, would you really expect it to still run in Windows 10?

Please ask the exam firm how to proceed. You won't be the first to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines