• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat ReaderDC double sided printing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This concerns Acrobat ReaderDC v. 2017.012.20093 on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.12.6.

All multi page pdf documents printed in Acrobat come out double sided. I have read the other posts/answers to this problem wherein the proposed solution is to uncheck the double sided print check box in the print dialogue box. Unfortunately no such check box exists in my print dialogue box. See the screen shot below as evidence of this.

The problem is clearly linked only to Acrobat ReaderDC as all other programs (Word, Excel, etc) print multi page documents normally on my Brother MFC-J6920DW printer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri,

It may be asking you to enter the Admin user ID and the password on your Mac.

Please try to add your user ID and the password, then check if that resolves the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were here, when you exited?

1. At the prompt, type “sudo cupsctl WebInterface=yes” and press return (without the quotes)
  2. Type your computer password (you won’t see it as you type) and press return

sudo is a command that asks to execute the following command (here cupsctl ) with administrator privileges.

So you need to enter your admin password to continue. It should, however, only ask your admin password (password of the user root).

nb: the information given above are only true if Apple did not change the behaviour of a standard UNIX system.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link to the a solution. This has been the most frustrating issue. I started opening up pdf's in preview to avoid this headache. Ifs definitely an Acrobat issue. No other program has this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

barutib  wrote

Thanks for the link to the a solution.(...) Ifs definitely an Acrobat issue.

CUPS - Wikipedia - see here on more information on CUPS. I cannot see that Adobe can create an issue that can be solved with CUPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iand11589526

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please share a call back number, the best time for a callback, time zone, via private message, so that I can arrange a call back for you and can discuss this issue further.

How Do I Send Private Message Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1184148

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Albert!

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please share a call back number, the best time for a callback, time zone, via private message, so that I can arrange a call back for you and can discuss this issue further.

How Do I Send Private Message

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seams to be a problem with Acrobat and printers on MacOS. My diagnostic of this is, that the drivers do not comply with the Apple design guides and do not report their printer capabilities to the OS. Acrobat reads what the OS tells about the printer and sets the parameters accordingly.

I know that this is a very unsatisfactory situation for most of you who have those problems. I simply cannot imagine, how Adobe could solve this.

I need to add that I do not work for Adobe and this analysis is mine and mine alone, gained by reading all those posts from the users. As a professional programmer I am qualified to do such guesses. But they are what they are: guesses on the symptoms reported by a multitude of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just been searching for an answer to this for weeks. Tried many, MANY fixes (both user and Adobe suggested - although I notice many of the Adobe "fixes" are copy pastes that do very little to help) and NOTHING has fixed it.

Yesterday I tested a document to try and troubleshoot this, printed it 3 times (with no changes in-between). Twice it came out double sided (and rotated which seems to be default for no discernible reason) Third time it printed with each page on a separate piece of paper (what I need).

There seems to be no rhyme of reason to this error. CUPS is now set to single (still no joy). Doc preference set to simplex (nope).

VERY frustrating. I've had to resort to printing each page 1 at a time using range, and will likely have to use another program to print full documents, which considering how much our office pays for CC is downright ridiculous.

Very unimpressed since the change to cloud. Nothing works as reliably as it used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines