• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat - White box after install

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originall was having an issue where many of the buttons for tools and navigation were invisible. I was able to use Acrobat without issue yesterday but starting today the buttons were there but the icons never loaded. I was able to hover over the icons and see a box surround where the button should be and if I hovered there the tooltip would appear explaining what the button did. Clicking the space also worked so this looked to be a purely visual bug. 

I ran a repair. No change

Rolled back to the classic UI and many of the icons were still missing but now when I try to click on anything I saw a warning saying  "an internal error occurred".

Zac38169401nqgk_1-1718926715646.png

For example if I selected 'File' at the top left I would get that error and after selecting Ok the box reappeared. If I selected Ok ~10 times the error box eventually stopped appearing and the File menu would drop down but I was unable to interact with it without it causing the error to reappear.

I uninstalled Acrobat, restarted, reinstalled from the Download link on Adobe.com

This installed Acrobat and CC

after the re-install Acrobat opens to this page which is mostly a white box

Zac38169401nqgk_0-1718926466362.png

I uninstalled Acrobat and CC then ran the creative cloud cleanup tool then restarted

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

I then downloaded the standalone Pro copy for acrobat since I don't want or need CC

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html

I am getting the same issue with this install as well

After opening the app and letting it sit for 5ish mins I got a prompt to sign into my Adobe profile which I was able to do without issue. This prompt appeared in a separate box like normal and there were no visual bugs on the popup.

I tried opening a .pdf instead of the app itself to see if maybe opening a file would work but I see this error saying "There was an error opening this document. An internal error occurred."

Zac38169401nqgk_2-1718927043452.png

The attachment is a screen recording of what the experience looks like in the current situation

Edition Windows 11 Pro N
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎4/‎7/‎2023
OS build 22631.3737
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1009.0

I've checked my update history and haven't had any new installs/updates to the rest of my environment in the last week.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Acrobat via the "Notification Manager" app and was able to see a window that looks normal in the foreground. I don't think this will really add any additional context but thought I would share the screen recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zac38169401nqgk,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know if you have started experiencing this behavior recently. Try once reinstalling the application using the steps suggested below: 

-Remove the application and run the cleaner tool (https://adobe.ly/4ewwrka).
-Reboot the machine
-Install Adobe Acrobat from the following page: https://adobe.ly/4eva1Qj.

Check if you get the same results. If yes, share the Acrpobat and OS version numbers. Share the process logs using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/3VR4wE3

We will get this checked.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As previously mentioned there were no issues Jun 19 or prior. When attempting to use Acrobat on Jun 20 I started having the issues mentioned in the original post. 

I followed the steps you mentioned and verified Acrobat was removed by the cleaner prior to the restart. 

After completing the install I am seeing the same issue. 😞

Windows reports the version of Acrobat as 24.002.20857

I also have attached the log from running the cleaner in case that helps.

I submitted my diagnostic logs using ID a6ded45f-7fa5-472e-8806-5088bcee291b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still ongoing 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zac38169401nqgk,

Thank you for sharing the logs. We will get this checked and update you.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not seen any communication regarding this issue. This is still unresolved 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines