• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat wont stop Double Sided print

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO I have asked this everywhere and even have images to support my dilemma now. My print dialogue box does not have a "Print on both sides of Paper" check box. And Acrobat keeps printing on both sides. HOW DO I STOP THIS?

Thiers.png

mine.png

As you can now see clearly what I mean.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Hey Dyneh,

I am sorry for the trouble and for the delayed response. Please try the solution from the help article to get the issue addressed "Stop Double Side Printing on Mac" and let us know how it goes Unable to print double-side or single-side in Acrobat on Mac.

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

[Edited Response]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dyneh,

We are sorry for the delay in response to your query.

As Acrobat isn't giving the option for duplex printing and your printer is still printing double sided, then you may try the following steps-

1- Check advanced settings of the printer and see if its set to duplex by default.

2- Check with any other document as it could be a possibility that its properties are set to duplex printing.

3- Open Acrobat>Help>Check for update and if its already up-to-date then Help>Repair Installation.

Sometimes, it so happens that a printer is a double sided printer but the printer driver does not contain this information in its file which causes the applications to not display appropriate option. In such cases, it is recommended to use an appropriate driver which has to be downloaded from vendor's site.

• Update your printer driver.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dyneh,

I am sorry for the trouble and for the delayed response. Please try the solution from the help article to get the issue addressed "Stop Double Side Printing on Mac" and let us know how it goes Unable to print double-side or single-side in Acrobat on Mac.

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

[Edited Response]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything possible suggested to stop Abode Acrobat Pro 2017 to print two sided and nothing works. I called Adobe HELP line and wait was 47 minutes. I held but was autimatically disconnected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the pdf on your desktop. Single click to highlight it. Hit Command-I to bring up info box. Select Open With PREVIEW  and apply to all. Now when you double click a pdf it will open with preview and you can print single sided. I hate the new Acrobat Reader with a passion. The old Reader was SO MUCH BETTER. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So funny (really it's sad) how ALL  Adobe support responses start out with "Sorry for the delayed response" and is usually dated 3 to 4 months after the posting.... I've had this same issue going on two years now, I've searched and performed all the obvious fixes and to no avail, here's an idea Adobe Support... why don't you try a phone call or is that to frightning to actually talk to a real human in person....... Adobe Support you are absolutlely USELESS!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't do a lot of printing, but this problem has been so aggravating.  FINALLY, I went to the article above, and found that on my Mac, I needed to enable CUPS and then change the default THERE to "single-sided."  Followed it to the letter and IT WORKS!  No more double-sided printing by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which article are you referring to? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For myself.... I have a Epson WF-2850, and the Adobe DC reader.... It took me forever to solve this as I don't have the option for "Print on both sides" similar to what other people are going through. I ended up changing from "Fit" under Paper size and Handeling to selecting "Shrink Over Sized Pages" and that stopped it. 

Set that as my default, and now everything from the DC reader via my mac prints single sided..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines