Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AcroRD32.EXE application crashes on Windows 8.1

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community, 

PC specs: Windows 8.1 and fully updated. 

I have installed Adobe Reader DC version 22.001.20169.0. We have a program OpenDental that uses adobe reader to display PDFs inside the program. When opening the PDF we get the following error. 

Aaron25309415oq7e_0-1658952909682.png

One strange thing is that the Windows error does not show up in the event logs, It shows up every time Adobe Reader crashes when trying to view our PDF

Below is a screenshot of Event Viewer where Adobe Reader DC crashes

Aaron25309415oq7e_1-1658953011551.png

We have added the program opendental as a trusted source in Adobe reader. We also made sure under preferences that the Page Display zoom setting is set to fit page.

Trouble Shooting:

Worked with the Open Dental company and confirmed their program is working properly (it also does not show any application erros in the event log).

1. Confirmed the computer is up to date.

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the OpenDental program

3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader DC

4. Ran Adobe reader in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and Windows 7

5. Run Adobe Reader as an Administrator

6. During the programs uninstall and reinstall process I uninstalled both programs, Installed Opendental first then installed Adobe Reader then restarted the computer. I did not open the programs before restarting the programs and attempting to view the PDF. 

Let me know your suggestions. 

Thanks, 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aron,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps and shared them. 

If it still didn't work even after trying the above suggestion. Then refer to the help article here:

Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows and try the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Especially testing in the New User profile, turning the Protected View off, and uninstalling the application and its traces using a cleaner tool: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Once done, download the Acrobat Reader DC installer from here:

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Thanks,

Akachha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines