I have installed Adobe Reader DC version 22.001.20169.0. We have a program OpenDental that uses adobe reader to display PDFs inside the program. When opening the PDF we get the following error.
One strange thing is that the Windows error does not show up in the event logs, It shows up every time Adobe Reader crashes when trying to view our PDF
Below is a screenshot of Event Viewer where Adobe Reader DC crashes
We have added the program opendental as a trusted source in Adobe reader. We also made sure under preferences that the Page Display zoom setting is set to fit page.
Worked with the Open Dental company and confirmed their program is working properly (it also does not show any application erros in the event log).
1. Confirmed the computer is up to date.
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the OpenDental program
3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader DC
4. Ran Adobe reader in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and Windows 7
5. Run Adobe Reader as an Administrator
6. During the programs uninstall and reinstall process I uninstalled both programs, Installed Opendental first then installed Adobe Reader then restarted the computer. I did not open the programs before restarting the programs and attempting to view the PDF.