Exit

AcroRd32.exe Application Error

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I run Reader X, an Application Error window pops up:-

AcroRd.exe Application Error.
The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000710) occured in the application at location 0x77e89f91.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

When I click OK, the pop up disappears and Reader runs normally, but it's very annoying. My PC runs Win 7(64)and browser is Firefox v3.6.12.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution please?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2011 Feb 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @all

I had also this acrord32 "unknown software exception"

Shutting down Speech Recognition worked for me.

Win 7 /64 pro

Adobe Reader 10.0.1

Thanks for the the above posted workarround!

Hope we'll get a real solution?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a magic

I am looking for a solution for this error since ever.

once i disabled the Speech Recognition everything went fine, i no longer have this error, really thanks a million

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Announcement: Would you like to help us improve Adobe Reader?

Hi All,

We have had a few bug reports related to Adobe Reader X protected mode coming in from you in this forum. We have addressed a large number of them in our upcoming Reader update and we would like to hear your feedback.

To that extent, we would like to invite you to the Adobe Reader Prerelease program and try out the latest build. To participate, please fill in the form available at

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=reader_prerelease_ interest and indicate Adobe Reader as the product of your interest.

We look forward to your active participation, feedback and help towards making Reader a better product.

Thanks and regards,
Adobe Prerelease Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The fix is quite simple. Remove adobe from your computer and install Foxit Reader 5.1. It works better than Adobe Reader and no annoying problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jsteenb718 wrote:

install Foxit Reader 5.1.

Yes, and get some FREE spyware with it!

There are a number of good alternate PDF readers available; Foxit Reader is not one of them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if you have Google Chrome, you can set it up to be your default PDF reader.

To do so in Windows 7: 

1.  Click the Windows Orb (referred to as the Start also), and click control panel.

2.  Click programs (From Category View, selected to right of View by)

3.  Click 'Make a file type always open in a specific program'.

4.  Scroll down to .pdf and click it followed by 'Change Program' button.

5.  Click 'Browse'

6.  Click Desktop, and locate 'Google Chrome' and click it, followed by 'Open'

7.  Click OK

and Poof, your PDF docs all open with Google Chrome, and give you the option of saving them to your Google Docs as well from there if you have a Google account.

Also, I agree, Foxit Reader has way too much junk/bloatware with it.  While by definition it is not actual spyware, due to the fact you can find the information it is collecting and why in their legal documents presented for reading before software installation, it is still rather up in your face trying to shove stuff down your throat for consumption, albeit with permission given by anyone who installed it to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like Adobe have finally added a fix for this. You need to uncheck the "Crash on startup" option in Preferences which they have enabled by default to provide consistentency to current users.

acrord32pref.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you Open Adobe Reader XI after installing it, it shows an message like this:

ArcRd.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000710) occured in the application at location 0x77e89f91.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

Note:

If you're using Windows XP, 'ArcRd.exe' replace to '0ArcRd32.exe'

Click OK to procced, then pop up showed.

Select 'Open with Protection Mode disabled', after that, click OK.

Finally, the Adobe Reader XI starts normally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines