Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add read out loud voice : Dutch

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I know that the question is asked before, but neather answer does solve my problem. I want to add Dutch voice to Adobe Reader DC, for reading a document.  In Edit > Preferences > Reading > Read out loud options, I can choose Microsoft David Desktop OR Microsoft Zira Desktop, both English (United States).  In Windows Narrator, I have voices for Dutch; Microsoft Bart - Dutch (Belgium) and Microsft Frank - Dutch (Netherlands), ... in that same dropdown I see for the Microsoft David and Zira, two different versions:

Microsoft David Destop - English (United States) AND

Microsoft David - English (United States).

The same applies to Zira; with and without Destop in the title.

Their is another English United states, Mark (also without Desktop in Narrator) and that doesn't show in Adobe options.

Can someone help me to install a Dutch voice that works for Adobe Reading out Loud?

Thank you, 

Kind regards, 

Bart

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question is already mentioned in 2018 and Adobe never gives an solution. In Windows 10 you install the voices and serveral are recognized (eg German, French ,English) by Adobe but not the Dutch one. Probably Adobe finds it only a problem for Microsoft but it is also a problem for the Adobe users who wants to use the Dutch one. So come on Adobe gives after years an sensible response to your paying customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there already an option to read a Adobe document aloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a way around the problem: Unlock Windows 10 TTS voices, you have to export / modify and import a registry key for this. It worked for me, but it modifies your system and I don't know if this option is legal in all areas. You don't have to download anything, don't have to install software, just a registry modification.

Unlock all Windows 10 TTS voices system-wide to get more of them - gHacks Tech News

I hope this helps other people.

Kind regards, 

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bard,

Here is a Powershell script to achive the same thing. 

$sourcePath = 'HKLM:\software\Microsoft\Speech_OneCore\Voices\Tokens' #Where the OneCore voices live
$destinationPath = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens' #For 64-bit apps
$destinationPath2 = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\SPEECH\Voices\Tokens' #For 32-bit apps
cd $destinationPath
$listVoices = Get-ChildItem $sourcePath
foreach($voice in $listVoices)
{
$source = $voice.PSPath #Get the path of this voices key
copy -Path $source -Destination $destinationPath -Recurse
copy -Path $source -Destination $destinationPath2 -Recurse
}

Just open a PowerShell window as administrator and copy and paste the above in the terminal.

- Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines