• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC forcing logon on remote destktop server after login

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a Windows Server 2019 server running remote desktop for a number of users.  After a clean installation of Adobe Acrobat DC if I modify the installation in Add Remote Programs I can see from the "custom setup" screen that "View Adobe PDF" is installed.  All users can use Adobe to view PDF's without logging in, they simply cancel the login prompt and continue on with their day.

At some point during the day users start getting the login prompt when they open Adobe, but when they close or cancel the screen Adobe completely closes.  When I check the "custom setup" screen then I can now see "View Adobe PDF", "Create Adobe PDF", "Acrobat Distiller" and "Languages".

I assume that what has happened is that a single user has taken a trial or logged in with an Adobe account.  This has updated the installation to Pro, without ADMIN rights, and now everyone is expected to have an account to use Adobe Reader.

I have reinstalled Adobe a few times to clear this but it keeps coming back.  How can I stop this from happening, and how can I undo it without resintalling Adobe?  Please help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I changed the installer I was using.  If you download the offline installer of Adobe Reader DC, it installs as Adobe Reader DC rather than Adobe acrobat DC.  Then added some reg keys to stop all the upgrade noise:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown]
"bUpdateToSingleApp"=dword:00000000
"bAcroSuppressUpsell"=dword:00000001
"bPurchaseAcro"=dword:00000000
"bReaderRetentionExperiment"=dword:00000000
"bEnableTrialistLaunchCard"=dword:00000000
"bToggleSophiaWebInfra"=dword:00000000

So far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines