Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe acrobat "fill and sign" - Not usable, massive performance problems

Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we use the “Fill and Sign” function to fill out forms. There are logically fields in forms where you have to write some text, Text with more tan one sentence. There is a problem here that everyone should have:

1.) Use the Fill and Sign function and add a text field to any PDF
2.) Now copy or write text into the text field, e.g. 240 words

What's happening now?

1.) I can no longer edit the text properly, it lags like hell

2.) If you place the cursor in a certain place, it sometimes takes an extremely long time for the cursor to be placed. It works fine for the first few letters/words in the text field, but it gets worse at the end of the text field. Very strange
3.) If you open the windows task manager and simply click in the text field, you can see how the RAM requirement increases with each click. 2GB, 3GB, 4GB. Just by clicking on the text field.

Tested on 10 different PCs with Windows 10, including private computers and laptops. It affects several Adobe Reader versions. The problem seems to only affect this function in Adobe Reader. It doesn't matter what kind of PDF you use, it doesn't matter at all. The problem seems to be the function. It doesn't matter whether you use the old or new menu in Adobe Reader. Repair Function in Adobe Reader does not help.

Is there a solution or alternative to use Adobe Reader correctly for this use case?

Greetings

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've lost the previous text I had added to the fill in box on the document. How can I retrieve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a video that shows the problem here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaS25VkKekY

With a little more text it starts to lag at some point. Only affects the characters in the text field that are further back. The characters at the beginning are not affected.

It is impossible to use the function like this.

Greetings:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant help anyone? 

Adobe, your function is broken?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also able to reproduce this issue on Mac, M1 Max, 32GB Ram, Somana 14.5.

Acrobat Version: 2024.002.20964

Makes it impossible to use.

How to solve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tropicalWaves

"Also able to reproduce this issue on Mac, M1 Max, 32GB Ram, Somana 14.5."

great, thx thx thx

"How to solve?"

That's the hard part, Adobe Inc. will probably have to fix the problem.

I've already had two employees working for half a day to find some kind of workaround. Without success... If anyone finds a workaround, please let me know.

I had already reported the error to Adobe, unfortunately a little late. Due to a lack of a suitable contact option, I then wrote to the imprint, and got a response there. Instead of forwarding it, I'm supposed to report the error again. Of corse I'm doing that, but I won't have time for it this week. I will report again this week

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HeinrichH and tropicalWaves,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

Please try once reinstalling the application using the following steps:
-Remove the application and run the cleaner tool (https://adobe.ly/46vloUD).
-Reboot the machine
-Install Adobe Acrobat Reader from the following page: https://adobe.ly/3WM4le0;

Check if that changes anything.

If the issue still occurs, share the current Acrobat and OS version numbers.

Share the dumps files using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/4fDgGZp

We will get this checked.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reply

Were you able to reproduce the problem or solve it by following the steps?

I had the problem at work, on all computers. At another company, on other computers. On laptops, separate devices, and at home, on two devices. With different Adobe Reader versions. My colleague also had the problem at home AND tropicalWaves, a totally stranger. On ALL devices and all people who responded had the problem. I had already uninstalled Adobe Reader and installed it several times, also to test different versions. I didn't use the cleaner tool, but thanks for the tip.

I could use the cleaner tool now and try it, but based on the typ of error and the fact, that every device is affected. I'm 99% sure it won't do anything. Even if it solves the problem for me, it won't solve the problem for everyone else. Adobe has to act anyway

SUGGESTION

-Someone from Adobe Inc. should open Adobe Reader for 2-3 minutes and test the problem
-Then I don't need to send dumps or anything like that because the error is obvious.

-It also saves a lot of time and money because someone has to reproduce the problem anyway.

I will of course report the error, but how why is the workflow like this again?

Here is a description of the error, a video, a second person has confirmed the error. Do you really have to report it AGAIN, can't you forward it directly to some testing department?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines