• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader can not open pdf

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an email server to send PDFs. They open without issue for me, but a recipient at specific location keeps getting the error that the PDF cant be opened due to it either not being a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example the file was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded). Can email servers cause this when sending or does this occur on the recipients end and can I do anything to fix it on my end? The recipient says it is sporadic but only happens when it comes from my email server. Thoughts?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

I'll back what bucksommerkamp mentions about zipping the file. Some email providers will compress PDF files and when they get to the other end, they can become corrupted. If you'd rather not Zip the file, find a file sharing service (like Google Drive) where you can upload the file and just send a link to download to your recipients.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen email servers misinterpret or block PDFs because they're sometimes used as a spam or phishing vector. Could you try sending the pdf directly from your email account to theirs, to see if it's handled any differently when it comes from an actual sender/person rather than an automated process? Could you try zipping the file before you send it, then letting the recipient unzip it? (all of these are ways to rule out the email server as the issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bucksommerkamp thank you for your reply, the PDF's I am trying to open are from a folder saved in my file explorer and could be one's that I have scanned from my printer and saved as a PDF, not just PDF's sent to me in an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll back what bucksommerkamp mentions about zipping the file. Some email providers will compress PDF files and when they get to the other end, they can become corrupted. If you'd rather not Zip the file, find a file sharing service (like Google Drive) where you can upload the file and just send a link to download to your recipients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thank you for your reply, sometimes I am just trying to open a PDF that I have scanned and saved to a folder, or one that I have received in an email and saved to a file and they won't open until I restart my laotop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get an error message either, when I try to open a PDF the little blue circle turns twice then stops, no message nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEY WHAT'S UP WITH THIS COMMUNITY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,  I am having problems with a PDF file that is also a zip file --- I am on the direct website, but I cannot open the "page"  I have to copy and then paste in a word file --- I use to be able to do this without a problem.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, run update and have tried repair.   Any suggestion?

ns? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines