• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 64bit cannot print after Jan update

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Jan update, the Acrobat Reader 64-bit cannot print any document. However, when I de-install and then install 32-bit version. It has no problem. 

A lot of people in my group are using 64bit version. Anyone know what happen?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Hi there,

Please try to update the application to the recent version 22.1.20085 from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the response from Trend Micro.

I understand that after you've upgraded Adobe Acrobat Reader x64 you weren't allowed to print PDF files unless you disabled Trend Micro AV (Apex One security Agent). I've read the article you've provided whereas even WFBS (another Trend Micro product) is affected. It all happen when you apply the latest upgrade released by Adobe Acrobat last January.
Acrobat printing is having conflict with enhanced protection.

Since this is a legitimate or a familiar software, we can add it to Apex One Scan Exclusions.
Action Plan:
1) Exclude the application from the Real-time scan configuration settings
2) Go to Web Console > Agents > Agent Management > Select the machine > Settings > Scan Settings > Real-time Scan Settings > Scan Exclusion tab > Add the Application/Directory to Scan Exclusion List (Files/Directory)
3) Click on Save
4) Verify if application is added to Approved Program List on Behavior Monitoring Feature
5) Go to Web Console > Agents > Agent Management > Right click on machine > Settings > Behavior Monitoring Settings > Exceptions Tab > Add the Application/Directory to Approved List
6) Click on Save
7) Verify if application is added to Trusted Program List
8) Go to Web Console > agents > agent management > select the machine > settings > trusted program list > add the Application/Directory to trusted program list
9) Click On Save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me using Trend Micro worry Free Business Security software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if anyone had heard from Adobe recently on this. I'm at a point where I'm debating about making Chrome the long term solution and abandoning Reader entirely, or hanging in there for a bit in case an update is published soon.

For anyone that's thinking "why should Adobe jump on this for you, it's a free product, what do you expect for free?" I had the same thougths and tempered expectations for a while. BUT Adobe knows that Reader is a gateway to their paid products, which we do use at most clients in smaller numbers. If Reader goes away and some functionality could be found in other free products, it leads me (and my clients) to look for Adobe alternatives entirely. This isn't meant to be a threat, but simply pointing out that once the name Adobe is out of sight, clients won't be as inclined to know/want to ask for the full version of Acrobat either.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned before we already made Chrome and Edge the long term solution in our company.

And no it is not only a free product. Acrobat Pro has the same bug which is a paid product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

If you use Trend Micro anti-Virus and uninstall the anti-virus Adobe works. Trend Micro gave me a fix but it didn't work.

I couldn't wait any longer so I installed Slim PDF Reader on all PC's and it's free and works with all anti-viruses and it prints.

This is the fix from Trend Micro:

Since this is a legitimate or a familiar software, we can add it to Apex One Scan Exclusions.
Action Plan:
1) Exclude the application from the Real-time scan configuration settings
2) Go to Web Console > Agents > Agent Management > Select the machine > Settings > Scan Settings > Real-time Scan Settings > Scan Exclusion tab > Add the Application/Directory to Scan Exclusion List (Files/Directory)
3) Click on Save
4) Verify if application is added to Approved Program List on Behavior Monitoring Feature
5) Go to Web Console > Agents > Agent Management > Right click on machine > Settings > Behavior Monitoring Settings > Exceptions Tab > Add the Application/Directory to Approved List
6) Click on Save
7) Verify if application is added to Trusted Program List
8) Go to Web Console > agents > agent management > select the machine > settings > trusted program list > add the Application/Directory to trusted program list
9) Click On Save

Frank Kasper
{Personal Info removed by Mod: email, phone number, etc.}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines