• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC cannot open PDFs in Google Drive, Macbook Pro 14", M1 Pro Chip

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I got my 14" Macbook Pro with M1 Pro chip recently. When I tried to open any PDF file in my Google Drive with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, it won't respond. I have checked these files on my Google Drive are good, since I can open them with Books app, Chrome or Zotero on my Mac. If I add my Google Drive as a file storage in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, I can open these PDFs from choosing them in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC/Google Drive/. However, when I back to my Finder/Google Drive/ and double click the same files or right click -> open with -> Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (default), the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC cannot open the file.

Any suggestion for fixing this problem will be helpful.

Best,

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

As mentioned above, the file does not open from Google Drive when you use right-click menu to open it in Reader DC.

Is that correct?

Please let us know if it was working initially or if you are using this option for the first time.

It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording of the steps you do.

Share the Reader DC and Mac OS version numbers.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the exact same issue, it was working properly before but now it does not seems to work.

I am using MAC OS Ventura 13.0 and Adobe Acrobat Pro version 2022.003.20258.

The steps i am following are Locating the file on Google Drive (web based on Google Chrome) > Double click to open the file on drive > clicking Open With, Apps on your computer, Adobe Acrobat. 

It change my screen to Acrobat but the document just does not opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue. It looks like Acrobat Reader is not able to access the files directly if those are on a Google Drive Desktop folder with Streaming turned on. If I try to open a file from a Drive folder where Mirror is set in Google Drive it opens directly.

I presume it has something to do with Google Drive's MacOs file provider changed recently?

- Acrobat Reader: 2022.003.20314.

- MacOS: Ventura 13.1

- Google Drive dor Desktop: 69.0.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, When you moved this discussion, where did you actually move it to? I don't see an acrobat reader list.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines