• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC license

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am a IT guy, when I configure a new computer for user i go to the official Adobe page "https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/ " and download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

and now is my question. Do I need license for this product because on this side "Volume distribution | Adobe Acrobat Reader DC "  we can read if I want distribute Adobe software for my own  side or local network i need license but lower we can read "You do not need to apply for a Reader Distribution License if you prefer to direct users from your website to Adobe.com to download Reader." so if users download themselves from official side I don't need license.

In my situation it's me install from official side on users computers. So i need license or not?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

The reason you need a license if you install it for someone else is that YOU accept the license but THEY need to be bound by it. Hence your company needs permission to do this, which is otherwise not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wojciecha,

As per the description above, I can understand that you want to install and distribute the freeware Adobe Reader DC in your organization, Is that correct?

Adobe Reader DC is free and available for volume distribution. A Distribution License Agreement is required for:

• Corporations and organizations that want to distribute Acrobat Reader or the Acrobat Reader mobile app on a company intranet site or local network.
  • Commercial vendors that want to bundle Acrobat Reader or the Acrobat Reader mobile app on physical media such as a CD or DVD, on OEM hardware such as computers and mobile devices, or with OEM hardware such as scanners.

Note: Only individuals interested in the software for personal use can download and install Adobe Reader without applying for a Distribution License.

To apply for the Adobe Reader desktop license, please refer to the Adobe article Volume distribution | Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason you need a license if you install it for someone else is that YOU accept the license but THEY need to be bound by it. Hence your company needs permission to do this, which is otherwise not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my question is this. If I apply for a volume distribution license, will this cost me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today volume distribution licenses are free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines