• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe acrobat reader dc making macbookpro hot and fan gets really loud

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my macbookpro is (13-inch, 2019) 10.15.3 Catalina. Whenever I use chrome (watching videos) and adobe (editing with stickers/ highlighting) together, my mac gets very hot and the fan gets really loud. I have nothing but just chrome and adobe running, I also use my fan to ensure the ventilation is good by facing it to my mac to cool it down, but it doesn't seem to work. Are they compatible? Is this normal? Please watch the two videos I attached. 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

It's much more likely to be caused mostly by Chrome playing videos than by Reader... Or it could be the combination of both.

In Windows one can open the Task Manager and see the relative CPU and RAM usage of each application in real-time. I'm assuming there's something similar on Apple computers, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s normal for your computer to work hard, get warm, and turn the fan on. That’s What it’s designed to do. You may indeed need to do two different things to get it to the point where you hear the fan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you don’t need anything extra to cool it. High power "laptops” (they don’t officially call them that any more because they are designed to get too hot for laps)  are designed to get hot when working hard, but not dangerously so. If anything went wrong (such as a fan failing) a temperature sensor will switch it off. Many people do seem worried about this or consider it a fault, but it isn’t. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this post over to the Acrobat Reader forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's much more likely to be caused mostly by Chrome playing videos than by Reader... Or it could be the combination of both.

In Windows one can open the Task Manager and see the relative CPU and RAM usage of each application in real-time. I'm assuming there's something similar on Apple computers, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm....I'm on a Mac with Acrobat Pro and my fan will only stop whirring if I quit Acrobat. I don't have other videos on in my browser. It just happened this afternoon and was so loud people on my video call could hear it through their headphones!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines