• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on Mac is frozen and not letting me Quit

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my mac is completely frozen. It won't let me use any of the toolbar options.

IT WONT EVEN LET ME SHUT DOWN OR RESTART MY COMPUTER!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Hello Megann,

We're sorry for the trouble you are having with Adobe Reader. Please try rebooting the machine manually, launch Adobe Reader application and check for any pending updates from help>check for updates.

Reboot the machine again after updating Adobe Reader and check.

You may also refer and try the suggestions from the following help article Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Are you experiencing this freeze issue while launching the Adobe Reader application o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Megann,

We're sorry for the trouble you are having with Adobe Reader. Please try rebooting the machine manually, launch Adobe Reader application and check for any pending updates from help>check for updates.

Reboot the machine again after updating Adobe Reader and check.

You may also refer and try the suggestions from the following help article Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Are you experiencing this freeze issue while launching the Adobe Reader application or while viewing or using any tools?

What is the current version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, please refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

What is the version of Mac os installed?

If you still experience the freeze issue after updating Adobe Reader, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Megann,

Have you fixed this Adobe Acrobat Reader frozen issue with suggestions by Anand? If not, you can try these common but extra tips which may help.

1. Try setting up another admin user account on your Mac to see if the same problem continues.

2. If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account. Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test.

3. Try uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader and reinstall the latest version. 

Wish this may help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me!  Adobe should not and does need to control my computer!   So fascistic and scary.  FU Adobe.  I'm going elsewhere.  Override shut down becuase I didn't create an account?!  DISGUSTING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with "before subscription" adobe reader documents locking up my Mac Book Pro. The suggested fixes are too complex for a program that has been around as long as this one. After reading other reviews I am very hesitant to subscribe only to  continue to have problems and pay for the aggravation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time ever....Adode Acrobat is frozen.   It will not 'quit'.    Cannot do shutdown.   !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Adobe: how do we fix this? Or can you please recommend a PDF reader that doesn't freeze up? I don't have time to deal with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gemma312267710gp6 @Carolyn308020919f5w 

Sorry to hear about your experience. If you continue to face the same issue, we'd recommend a couple of steps to try first.

1- Make sure your Acrobat Reader if up-to-date.

Acrobat and Reader official update 23.003.20244   is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates>reboot Acrobat.

More information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

2- If you continue to experience the same issue even after installing the latest patch, then, 

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s file traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Download the Acrobat Reader installer from here:

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Or 

https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/get-started.html

Let us know if it makes any improvement.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I THINK I SOLVED IT!!!

Go to... System Setting/Login Items/Allow in the Background...turn off Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I did this and my files are working again. No loading box. I have opened numerous files, numerous ways and it works.

You will just have to be on top of checking for updates.

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines