• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader Macbook Air frozen due to pop up

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I was wondering if someone can help me with this issue...
Every time I start the acrobat reader app a window pops up with a prompt "Work with PDFs while browsing the web." See the screenshot.
As far as I can tell it is not possible to exit out of this popup window and use the app. All of the controls in the pop-up do not work
- The X in the upper-right
- The Continue Button
- The Learn More link
- The checkbox

The Application won't quit or minimize- I have to use the Mac's Force Quit to exit out of the app.
I'm on Mac oS Monterey and my device is a MI Macbook Air that I purchased a few days ago.  I know the issue is not with the mac itself as this mac is brand new and I was using this app perfectly for the past three days and this issue just started today.
I've uninstalled and re-installed the application. No change.
Thanks for your help!Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 3.33.32 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harman

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please go to Adobe Acrobat > Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Show me messages when in launch Adobe Acrobat' > Click OK and reboot the application and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha Harmon (and Amal)

My version: pop up for sign in to my (old) account. Try uninstalling and reinstalling several times.

Amal, the app menu items are not accessible unless I log in first. Is that required now even though I no longer pay for Pro?So I can't access the preferences menu. I force quit just to close the app. Can't open any PDFs.

Appreciate a better solution...

Mahalo

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eric

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the sceenshot of the pop up message you get? What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines