Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC refuses to install on Windows 10

Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 and the free Adobe Reader DC won't install. The True Key pack has already been installed but the reader refuses to be installed! I've tried downloading the installer many times and I always get "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC did not install successfully." I have already updated Chrome. And none of the troubleshooting tips from Adobe has been useful.

Does anyone know of any alternative solutions to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Hi Aubarrameda,

When you get the error message ""Adobe Acrobat Reader DC did not install successfully" is there any other error message/code along with that? do you see the reason for the installation failure?

Try installing the application in hidden administrator account and see if the problem still persist.

Use the link- Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know if that doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aubarrameda,

When you get the error message ""Adobe Acrobat Reader DC did not install successfully" is there any other error message/code along with that? do you see the reason for the installation failure?

Try installing the application in hidden administrator account and see if the problem still persist.

Use the link- Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know if that doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having some problem. Windows 10 giving error to effect some ...some pdf app is missing" so reinstalled Adobe Reader DC. When I uninstalled thru control center, Abode reader went away. When I installed from you page, it went thru install but failed - tried 3 more time not luck. Can find file "Abode" file under Program Files (86), but won't open. Says I don't have access. That file does not show on "Programs" thru control panel. Running Norton AV, but disabled during install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have access your Windows permissions are wrong  No way Adobe software could run. fix the permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my machine, I am the administrator, and the drive is "open". How did the program install with no access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akki_24 Thank you for the link, it worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it helped you @darkangel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU.. I've been trying to install for the last two days and this link worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it work for me. thank you somuch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe different permissions. Anyway, fix them so you can view the folder. (being administrator means nothing for file permissions except you can fix them)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

The adobe acrobat Dc installer says "installation will begin shortly" but it does'nt start . I've tried re -downloading and installing for like 6-7 times and I have been wiating for the installation to start for like 24 hours now. Please HELP!.

Note ;- I am using WINDOWS 10 .

Thanks .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines