• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC showing black/white bars all over the application (terminal server)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a user on our terminal server experiencing lots of issues with Adobe Reader DC opening PDF's and showing white or black bars across various locations in the document. I am attaching an example screenshot.

The user connects from a local desktop using Citrix, and at first the problem only appeared on one terminal server in our server collection. I tried doing Adobe repair and re-installs, as well as fully updating it to the newest version. Doing a ctrl + L (fullscreen) does not help this go away. I don't think it's anything on the local desktop since it's happening on the terminal server. So far it is only this one user so I am thinking it is something within the user's profile disk or registry. Anyone have some tips for further troubleshooting?

Edit: I also deleted all the keys for the HKEY Current User under Adobe, and it seemed to work until opening another document and the issue arose again.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

The document displays fine elsewhere and the problem happened with all documents.

I eneded up deleting all registry keys for HKCU and removing all Adobe related files/folders under their AppData. So far this seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Hi Amal,

Thanks for your response. At this time we have completly deleted the user's profile and this seems to have fixed it. I believe the problem may not be Adobe-specific either, since shortly after my last post here it started happening on File Explorer, IE, and Firefox. Thanks again for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ianstuart,

We are sorry for the trouble and the delayed response. As described, there are black/white bars all over the application on the terminal server 

Please try to open the same pdf when saved locally to the computer and check. If the PDF displays well, there might be some group policy or admin settings that needs to be checked at your end.

Also, you may try creating a new user test profile with full admin rights and try opening the PDF there and check. You might have to repair the user profile in which you are experiencing the issue.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document displays fine elsewhere and the problem happened with all documents.

I eneded up deleting all registry keys for HKCU and removing all Adobe related files/folders under their AppData. So far this seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed. 

Feel free to contact u for any further assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, it seems I should not have posted my "fix" because it has started happening AGAIN today. So this did not fix it unfortunately.

I will test on another user but so far it is ONLY on this one user this issue is happening. I don't know where else to check for issues besides the user registry or appdata, and the problem happens on all terminal servers even after doing full re-installs and repairs. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there 

I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists. Would you mind sharing the screen recording of the issue you are experiencing along with the details in private message like the environment you have, do you have Adobe Acrobat DC installed as well, for a better understanding?

Also, you may try to create a new user profile with full admin rights and try using the application there and check for the issue. 

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for your response. At this time we have completly deleted the user's profile and this seems to have fixed it. I believe the problem may not be Adobe-specific either, since shortly after my last post here it started happening on File Explorer, IE, and Firefox. Thanks again for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there 

Thanks for sharing the update.

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines