• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC window freeze upon file save as

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden after the last update my and our users Adobe Reader DC will not allow them to do a file save as unless we run the repair installation. Users are seeing this on Windows pc's with Adopbe Reader DC version 2021.007.20091. The Windows version we are on is Windows 10 21H1.

The replair will last and work for a day or two but then is needed to be done again. I have even uninstaled and reinstalled Adobe Rreader DC only to have the same results. 

Help please.

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have made the adjustment cahnge to uncheck Show Online storage and this change has not made any dieffernece in the outcome or ability to do file save as.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry for the problems faced by you.

As you have mentioned already, changing general pref "Show online Storage" didn't work for you, is this issue happening for all documents at your end or only few? Can you send a recording and sample pdfs too?

Thanks

shrebhat

[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RJJHFG_0-1632397312073.png

This is what users are faced with the fix only works for a few days. Been happening for a little over a week and we have not had any changes in our enviroment but i did notice the users have recetly had an Adobe update to run. Could that have something to do with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did You manage to frin the problem I am strugeeling with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for a user ysterday but today the issue is back unable to preform File Save As. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user who has Acrobat pro is unable to added/sign documents with out the program freezing. The user is having to end task and the laucnh Reader so they may sign the docuemnt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to all users and no matter if they are using Acrobt or Reader. ASlo when they attempt to sign a PDF to program is freezing and no longer responds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did You manage to frin the problem I am strugeeling with the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By uncheckecing the box to shown online files when saving has helped and also ensuring the latest updates have been applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to add that I'm seeing the same problem in my environment (same 2021.007.20091 and Windows 10 21H1) but it's not affecting all users. We have Canon ImageRunners that scan to a network location and users will open the scanned PDF file from the network location then Save As to another network location. The "Save As" window appears blank but Reader doesn't actually freeze. i.e. the "Save As" window can be closed by clicking X and Reader continues to function normally.

Current "workaround" is to let users move and rename the file using Explorer. 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking the Show Online storage options, it has just worked this morning for a user today that has had the issue. Hoping this fix sticks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that fixed it for one user, but it took away the recent folders screen. I'm deciding if I need to roll out the workaround for all of my users, or wait for a bug fix. We don't have any cloud locations...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

The team has identified few issues and fixed them. We have released an update that addresses the issue and would appreciate if you can update the application to check if it fixes the issue for you.
You may go to Help menu and select "Check for updates" in the application. For more information about the latest update, please refer to the following page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good with the recent update. Waiting pon a user to complete some resting to confirm the issues are now all resolved. Once I hear I can confirm with more info here.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user is now having issue with bookmark links not working inside of a PDF or even on a newly created pdf. In the example below the bookmark link to the Header is not working but the link to the external website does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is weird about it, is that External Links still function fine, its links referencing other sections of the document, or internal links that don’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have a user who has an issue when creating links in a document. Link to a header is not wokring if copied from Word. Please see example attached.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the issue even with the latest update. Installation repair doesn't help either. Print PDF using Adobe PDF as a printer is only way to save the file for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a user experiencing the 'blank' "Save As" window. We have checked for updates and have had no luck there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure this is unchecked: Show online storage when saving files. see image below.

RJJHFG_0-1640190178427.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your suggestion to uncheck "Show Onlin Storage." It worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines