• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader download says it is infected with a virus

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While trying to download adobe reader through chrome, I get a message that the download failed because a virus was detected in the download. I went through the offical website to get to the download page at https://get.adobe.com/reader/, so I know I didn't accidently get it from a third-party website. I included a screen shot to give more details about the virus. Is the another way I can get adobe reader? I'm trying to set up an image for cloning.

Untitled.jpg

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same thing. 

Windows Defender "Trojan/Win32/Skeeyah.AIMTB

Can't install Reader.

This is a brand new Windows 10 HP.

Download site is "get.adobe.com/reader/download/.............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting on main PC. Same thing.Adobe download.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. windows 10 pro. dell latitude e6410. went to https://get.adobe.com/reader. windows defender says readerdc_en_ra_crd_install.exe has Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah.AIMTB. Can't run, can't download. Wassup?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Houston, we have a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issue and tried it on several computeres. Somethings up and Adobe should address this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no virus. Windows Defender needs to update their definitions. This happens once in a while with many applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't honestly say it was Defender's fault or not. After installing the latest windows updates, I still had the issue. Turned the computer off, let it sit over the weekend, and tried again this morning with success. According to the computer, no updates were installed since I last tried Friday, but hey. It working now so I can't complain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Friday 11-15-18 I tried to download Adobe Reader to Windows 10. The filename was readerdc_en_ra_crd_install.exe. Windows Defender said the file had a virus, Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah.AIMTB. Couldn't download, couldn't install. On Monday 11-18-19 I downloaded Adobe Reader to Windows 10. The Adobe download page asked me for my OS. This is new, I didn't see that question before. I selected Windows 10. I downloaded a different filename, readerdc_en_xa_install.exe. I did not get a virus warning while downloading or installing. I don't think the 11-15-19 virus warning was Windows Defender's fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines