Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Error 10:10 (IE 11)

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have about 250 machines on our domain and starting a few days ago, my users cannot open a PDF within Internet Explorer. Trying to do so gives the following: 

"There is a problem with Adobe Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (10:10)"

Of course manually killing any Adobe process does not work. I have tried disabling enhanced security as well as Protected Mode at Startup, which has corrected these errors in the past. However, my only solution for now has been to disable the Adobe Reader add-on for Inter Explorer 11. When this is disabled, it prompts the user to either open or save the document, which works fine. 

However, the PDF should be able to open in the browser as it's expected. I'm hoping someone can offer some insight because I have tried every solution Google has brought me to. 

Thanks, in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you all are doing well.

The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: 21.005.20054 Optional update, June 23, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC (version 21.005.20054) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version from this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2021.html#dccontinuousjunehotfixtwentytwentyone 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Hi,

Hope you are doing well and am sorry for the trouble you had. Please install the latest update of Acrobat & Reader 21.007.20091 Planned update, Sept 14, 2021 app and see if you still experience this issue.

Update the app from the help menu>select check for updates, install the latest patch and reboot the app and machine if possible.

To know more about the latest release, please see: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - September' 21 update is now available!

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

An

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 118 Replies 118
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

may i have the dll file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please inbox this test solution for fix this problem

Thanks you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please send me the test files to fix the problem, we have the same issue.

Thanks

jig85@naver.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me the test files to fix the problem, same issue.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi,

Can you please send me the fix for this? I am having mulitple PCs with this issue, which is putting them out of business. They need this to work in order to complete their job.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, MeenakshiNegi.

please send me the test files to fix the problem, we have the same issue.

Thanks

won3702@naver.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are an organisation of 14,000 devices and now starting to have a large number of reports on this issue.
We also require Protected Mode to be off due to a heavily used internal web application.
Please release a more permenant fix asap. Version: 2021.005.20048 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, MeenakshiNegi.

please send us the dll to fix the problem, we have the same issue.

Thanks

servizi.informatici ( at ) lignano.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you all are doing well.

The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: 21.005.20054 Optional update, June 23, 2021

Let us know if you still experience any issues.

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolled this optional update out on our Terminal Servers with no success. Getting the exact same error when trying to look at reconciliation report inside quickbooks. Others are posting similar findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had the same experience in our environment. I tested the hotfix update 21.005.20054 on 6/23 but found it made no difference. I reported the findings and provided additional logfiles to Adobe support but have yet to receive any further updates beyond, "Sorry as we do not have any updates right now. We will keep you informed if we get any update from the team." That was last Friday 7/2. I've resorted to re-installing with 21.001.20155 and disabling updates until Adobe can get this fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC (version 21.005.20054) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version from this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi,

the patch worked for me!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computers experiencing this problem have Acrobat DC installed. I have installed AcrobatDCUpd2100520054.msp on most of them and it has resolved the issues. I do have a question: This is an "optional" update. Will the next security patch include these fixes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, seems to work. But now it is still a manual update, is it possible to deploy this update automatically from within the application? Using the "Check for updates" button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update did not resolve the issue for me. On some computers the dll files did resolve it. On others the dll files resolved it for a while but then it reverted back to the same error. And on others the dll files didn't resolve it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing. Rolled it out to 5 Citrix Terminal Servers with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this error been resolved?  I am still getting the same 10:10 error?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Hope you are doing well and am sorry for the trouble you had. Please install the latest update of Acrobat & Reader 21.007.20091 Planned update, Sept 14, 2021 app and see if you still experience this issue.

Update the app from the help menu>select check for updates, install the latest patch and reboot the app and machine if possible.

To know more about the latest release, please see: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - September' 21 update is now available!

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines