Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe reader has stopped working

Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to open a pdf file or reader on its own I keep getting the following message.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem and then it says A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

The program was working fine last week so its only been happened recently.

I on windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling but still get same message,

This happened last year aswell but cant remember how I fixed it.

Can someone help please.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Sorry to repeat an earlier post, but I'm not sure if you tried it and if it didn't work.

1. Do you have the Preview Pane enabled in File Explorer? If so, can you disable it temporarily to see if the problem goes away? On Windows 8, in Explorer go to the View tab, and if the "Preview Pane" button is pressed, un-press it. On Windows 7, towards the top-right (towards the left of the help icon) there's a "Show the preview pane" button; un-press it.

2. Make sure the following directories exist on your

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved-

YOU MUST HAVE A HOSTS FILE

your hosts file at c/windows/system32/drivers/etc must have all the appropriate adobe.com addresses that point to 127.1.1.1 (your computer)

this is why a re-install of adobe usually resolves this issue.  adobe installs add entries to the hosts file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thank you for sharing, but we still need Adobe to invistigate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines