• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader login screen keeps looping and opening automatically if you are logged in to CC

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have adobe illustrator installed via creative cloud. We also use Adobe PDF reader to open PDF files.

If we open open any PDF file, it will launch a popup screen to try and login. This will be an endless loop, the login option will never appear it will try to load over and over again.
We don't initiate the login process, this will load on its own. For reader we have no need to be logged in anyhow. See attached picture of popup

It is possible to close the window, but that has to be done each time we open a PDF file. It is quite bothersome and causing our end users some frustration.

If we log out from creative cloud this works without any problems... I spent 1 hour on a case and after a while the support again said "issue is with free product I cant solve" and disconnected straight up from our session, I asked Adobe support to address this and investigate further since this seems to be a bug but no luck there he simply refused and disconnected..

Basic troubleshoting has been done. And in order to not waste any time, we are not interested in looking for changing registry or what not or modyfying windows.. Acceptable solutions would for example be.

• Firewall settings that we need to update.
  • A previous version possibly - and where I can access this
  • A setting in adobe reader that can remove the automatic login popup.
  • Adobe to fix their bug?

Thanks in advance,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Hi,

I did workaround 

1. Sign off from Creative Cloud

2. Close CC

3. Run Acrobat Reader 

4. Sign in Reader to Adobe account

5. Run CC

Done

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to disappoint, but i believe i have encountered a variation on this bug in the current build.

Adobe Acrobat Pro goes in to the blank log in window and during that multiple instances are created (verified via task manager). I tried the aboth workarounds (logging out creative cloud) but that does not do the job.

Any good ideas?

Best,

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jan,

I would try reaching out to Adobe support(phone line), optimistically you won't have the same trouble I did 2 years ago where no one would touch the issue because your using a paid product. With Adobe Acrobat Reader, no one wanted to touch the issue because it's freeware.

Inevetibly, if all else fails.. what I had to do to get the right people looking at the issue was to email the Adobe CEO. .. hate to do it, but there was not another option back in 2021(after months)...but I noted this case and any others that were relevent and indicated the amount of people watching the issue to convey the impact to their customers over all. Shortly after I was in communication with support and within a week there was a resolution(for my affected users anyway). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines