Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader - Not responding/Blank white box

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been having this issue with my Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

It boots up, then about three seconds later shows a blank white dialogue box that does not go away and renders the program unusable/"Not Responding"

I've trawled the forums, re installed the program a number of times and updated everything.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 10.37.33 am.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

I tried this multiple times, although couldn't select my Adobe program in the installation.

I happened to clear my browser history (Safari) and then when I tried to open Adobe later, it begun to work without the same issue of the blank white box showing up. Now it's continuing to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mattd,

As per the above mentioned issue description, you are getting blank white dialogue box when launching Reader, is that correct?

Please try installing the latest patch for Reader using this link and see if that helps:

17.012.20095 Optional update, August 11, 2017 — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes

(Select AcroRdr....... .dmg under Macintosh installers).

Could you let us know the version of Reader installed on your machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Awaiting your response.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Shivam,

Thanks for your response. I downloaded the link that you sent me "AcrobatDCUpd1701220095.dmg" and went i went through the installation process, it would not let me select the Adobe Acrobat DC I had installed.

I've attached a picture of what I could see as well as a screen shot of my Adobe Acrobat Reader info (I snapped a screenshot before the white box of death appeared)

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.01.02 am.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.02.01 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the screenshots! Could you please try closing Acrobat Reader and relaunch the app, does that work?

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this multiple times, although couldn't select my Adobe program in the installation.

I happened to clear my browser history (Safari) and then when I tried to open Adobe later, it begun to work without the same issue of the blank white box showing up. Now it's continuing to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Adobe Team, I am having this issue also, except the patch isnt showing up. Page pops up with a 404 error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines