• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader on iPad executing one line of javascript code

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, I am stuck on this weird issue.

I've some script which works perfectly on Adobe Reader (both windows & mac). However, for some reason on iPad (in Adobe reader app), it executes only first line of code and then no response. I am sure it's not code issue, 'cos I've tried different codes and even same code like alert.

So, basically If I put following in document open script, it will alert only once.

app.alert("Image Hidden Start - 1");
app.alert("Image Hidden Start -> 2");

Also, tried putting the same code in button on PDF and same behaviour.

Please help if somebody has any idea on how to solve this issue or if I need to do this differently. 

All I need to do is make document read only if an expiry date is passed and alert the user.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The code is fine. The issue is the mobile versions of Reader don't support almost any code at all, and even when they do, it's often not working correctly. I would not recommend counting on it. PDF Expert by Readdle, on the other hand, does a much better job at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines