Adobe Reader Outlook Preview Broken on Different Scale-Factor Monitors

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another bug with the Adobe Reader (beyond the lost icon on Windows 10), this time with its preview support for the current version of Outlook. If the user is running with multiple monitors where the primary display is at 125% scale factor and a secondary display is at 100% scaling, the Adobe Reader Previewer mangles the view on the 100% scale factor display. Scale factor is set for monitors under Windows Settings -> System -> Display -> Scale and Layout, then select from the drop-down. See two screen captures below for a demonstration of the problem.

This has occurred at least across the past few updates to Outlook. This has been broken long enough, and you still have not fixed it, that I'm finally posting a complaint. I am running version 16.0.11029.20045, 32-bit.

To fellow users, is there a fix or work-around? If not, how do we make sure that Adobe gets this bug report so they will fix in the future? (I'm not optimistic, after the icon has been broken (Adobe Reader appears as a generic picture icon on Start Menu and Taskbar) for years on Windows 10, hundreds of questions on complaints on this, and that seems a pretty basic function that Adobe should care about as a design company).

Here it is appearing correctly on the primary display, 125% scaling factor. Like all other previews built-in to Outlook, it fills the entire Reading Pane:

Here it is on the lower resolution monitor at 100% scale factor. This is the monitor where I leave Outlook running full time. I don't ever run Outlook on another monitor. Note how it is shrunken and no longer fills the whole Reading Pane.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old issue, but it still exists today. And the issue is present with other PDF handlers.

One work around I have found is to put the secondary display (with 100% scaling) as my primary monitor and it has solved the issue.

Though I agree with the OP, something should be done about this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am haveing the same issue, i can belive Adobe have not fixed this in 2022.!! 

As other apps, such as word. are taking up the whole preview panel, but not for the pdf. sigh,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines