• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader over Adobe Pro

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some terminal servers where both Adobe Pro and Adobe reader are installed, but not everybody has Adobe Pro credentials and are supposed to be using Adobe Reader.  I can set the default viewer to Adobe Reader for those that don't have Adobe Pro credentials, but when non Adobe Pro users right to right click on a pdf and choose print, no matter what I set, it always tries to use Adobe Pro.  Is there a way to set, per user? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Print , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NateCBNA,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with printing PDFs.

The scenario that you want to achieve is not practically possible as, by default the system would tend towards using Acrobat Pro.

Since Acrobat Pro is the superior version to Acrobat Reader, the operating system would, by default, switch to Acrobat Pro everytime you try to work with PDFs.

However, as a suggestion or workaround, this is what we can suggest:

You may try creating two profiles on the system with one having Acrobat Pro as the default application while the other profile would be for users without credentials. 

*Note: This is just a suggestion and may or may not work.

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe have moved to make this impossible in future, by making Reader and Acrobat the same app. Reader converts to Pro and stays converted, and can no longer be used as Reader or without a license.  I don't say this is ideal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines