• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader won't print. (But problem solved.)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm posting this in the hopes that it might help someone else out that may have the same symptom. Last week, my Adobe Reader stopped printing. Nothing I did produced any result. Not hitting the print icon. Not hitting CTRL+P. Not selecting "print" from the drop-down menu. There was no error message. No nothing. It was as if I hadn't clicked anything. I tried repairing the installation, no help. I've rebooted the computer many times over the last couple weeks. Here's what finally fixed it. On a whim, I went to Windows Explorer, right-clicked on the PDF file, and selected "print" from Explorers context menu. Adobe flashed open for a sec, and the document printed. Now, Adobe Reader prints as it always used to do. There must have been some little "glitch" or something going on.

Problem solved. Hope this helps someone else.

Artie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Hi All

We have fixed this issue in the latest version (2023.006.20360) of Acrobat or Reader. Please upgrade Acrobat or Reader to the latest version by following the below steps:

Click on the MENU button in the top left corner > Help > Check for Updates.

Please confirm if the issue is fixed or not at your end after checking the issue on the latest version of Acrobat.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently that can only be done on Mac0S14 Beta - according to my Adobe version.  I am very frustrated as I have tried everything today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- on both out iMacs (Mojave) and M2s Macbook we can't print pdfs with Adobe Acrobat to Canon MX870 printer. I've tried the Adobe TS tool (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html) to set reset CUPs, but I continue to get the  "Can't open "/private/var/spool/cups/tmp/..." message for the Canon MX870 and for the MF4890dw printer I get "Stopped 'Filter' failed.  Apple PREVIEW prints the PDF files fine.We would like to use the Adobe Print Booklet Feature but we can't even print 1 page PDF files in Adobe Acrobat. This has been going on for several months now, but it's getting to be a problem at work. It's causing manhours of issues at work because not all know the workarounds.   I've redownload from Adobe DC Reader 2022.X and the Adobe 2023.X version but there is no difference.  Is there an Adobe fix at all?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please update the application to the recent version 24.01.20615 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, go through the similar discussion that I have found on Mac support page https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251675374?answerId=253224025022&sortBy=best#253224025022 and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Artie, your post from 2017 still works, when nothing else will. Excellent advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JC. Glad to know I had something, (very little), to offer.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines